WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day
The staff member will work at the Area Office in Aden. She/He will work under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Associate and the overal supervision of the Head of Human Resources Officer, Area Office.
- To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Administration of SC and SSA salaries:
- Organize and prepare SSA and SC Payroll information in accordance to the annual schedule, and then forward to finance for monthly salary.
- Coordinate with Finance to solve complains and issues arising on payments for SC and SAA contractors.
- Regularly arrange and ensure a well-organized filing and archiving of documents of the payroll in folders created for this purpose.
- Administration of Overtime for FT/SC/SSA
Administration of SC & SSA contracts:
- Implement the alert mechanisms to inform the Heads of Unit and supervisors, two (2) months in advance of SC and SSA contracts that are coming to an end.
- Receive and check the evaluations ready for submission to the HR Officer for approval.
- Take action on contract renewals or extension/non-renewal or non-extension, ready for signature.
- Ensure proper documentation and proper filing of the documents for ease of reference.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - PART 2
Evaluation of SC & SSA contractors:
Monitor and ensure receipt of Evaluation Reports for all SC & SSA contractors at the end of the contract. Once the reports are signed by the HRO, ensure proper archiving.
- Daily update of the staffing list/data.
- Daily update and maintenance of the HR statistics table.
- Regular update of the organization charts.
- Daily update of the ‘Recruitment Table’.
- Daily update of the Security List.
Alternate to HR Assistant GS-4.
- Perform related duties at the request of the supervisor.
- Procedures and regulations:
- A clear understanding of the WFP Human Resources procedures and regulations and be able to answer questions from staff in all areas of responsibility including payroll, leave
- entitlements, etc.
- Others as required
- At GS-5 level: Well organized, reports and/or records, put together independently with only general guidance. Well organized work with accurate information and databases.
Critical Success Factors
At GS-5 level: Sound judgment; ability to extract, interpret, analyse and format data and to resolve operational problems. Ability to work with minimum of supervision; to work
effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to work with accuracy under time constraints and pressure; to deal patiently and tactfully with staff
members and others and to have a high sense of confidentiality, initiative and good
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work or other related field.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) in Arabic language.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce periodic reports for supervisor(s).
- Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organised manner and in line with compliance standards.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages such asMicrosoft Word.
- Knowledge of HR processes, work routines and methods in order to complete process under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- SC holders are eligible only if they have minimum cumulative 1-year experience in WFP
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- The applicant should either be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/Year)
(NB: Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.)
Deadline of application
21 June 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
# of opening
Link for WFP Staff
Link For Non-WFP candidates
Human Resources Assistant
21 June 2021