Posted on: 01 June 2021
Deadline: 14 June 2021
Job Title: Storekeeper
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: At Soon
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direct management of Log Assistant, the storekeeper manages receipt, storage, safe-keeping and delivery of goods, materials, tools and equipment used by SHS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor the storage facilities and infrastructure both from inside and outside: locate damages and propose the necessary repairs
- Supervise cleaning and regular disinfection of storage spaces
- Ensure adequate ventilation of the spaces
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of receipt. Put aside non-compliant or infected products and report to the logistics assistant
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiration dates
- In conjunction with the Log-Admin Assistant, make provisions for the staff and necessary equipment for loading / unloading
- Supervise the team of daily workers charged with storage activities
- Draft or complete dispatch and receipt documents in compliance with SHS standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing equipment
- Maintain updated inventory lists, and all other related stock documents.
- Participate in monthly inventories of stored goods and equipment and reconciliation with what should be in stock
- Update stock Report on daily bases and sent to the line manager at the end of each month.
- Draft activity and inventory reports and forward them to the line manager
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Casual labors
ACCOUNTABILITY REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: field coordinator
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Field staff, casual labors
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school diploma.
- Vocational training in administration or logistics, or equivalent experience.
- Good command of English.
- Computer literacy.
- Minimum one years' experience in storekeeping.
- Team-management experience an asset.
- Good knowledge on Office package : Excel, Word
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing SHS
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs by https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/JHFa19Cs
June 14 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.