Sorry! This job has expired. Sorry! This job has expired.
Posted on: 01 June 2021
Deadline: 14 June 2021
Job Title: Sit Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: At soon
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
A Site Engineer within the construction industry is part of the site management team and acts as day-to-day manager on a construction site, which can include liaising with third party stakeholders and managing the site facilities.
Site Engineers are also responsible for planning, technical queries, marking out and leveling construction sites before any work takes place as well as checking drawings, quantities and ensuring calculations are accurate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Organizes materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
2. Prepares cost estimates and ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available.
3. Provides technical advice and suggestions for improvement on particular projects.
4. Diagnoses and troubleshooting equipment as required.
5. Negotiates with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best contracts.
6. Authorizes technical drawings and engineering plans.
7. Draws up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to IDPs and service suppliers.
8. Gathering data, compiling reports and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
9. Delegates tasks and scheduling meetings and training sessions where required.
10. Completes quality assurance and providing feedback to the team.
11. Liaises with the local authority to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
12. Supervises site security, health and safety.
13. Provides technical advice and solving problems on site.
14. Ensures project packages meet agreed specifications, budgets and/or timescales.
15. Planning and Setting out sites arrangements.
16. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
17. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Non
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Field Coordinator
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: IM/Reporting Officer, Data Entry, Community mobilizers, Hotline and Complaint Officer.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs by the link : https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/2UWXqJ9X
June 14 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.