Sorry! This job has expired. Sorry! This job has expired.
Posted on: 01 June 2021
Deadline: 14 June 2021
Job Title: IM and REPORTING OFFICER
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: At soon
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The IM and Reporting Officer will play a leading role in the development of the communication of findings from projects. S/he will be the primary channel through which communications between SHS and its counterparts will take place.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Compiles field level information required to produce weekly progress updates and monthly reports from the field and updates related to the humanitarian assistance in the project following the standard reporting format/scheme, quarterly indicator reports, annual reports, and other narrative reports as assigned.
2. Oversees reporting and data quality in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Maintains a close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, field, and technical teams to ensure a smooth exchange of information.
4. Provides technical support, training, and clarification on reporting policies, when needed.
5. Monitors and reviews regular sources of information and data required for preparation of reports, including information from NGOs, surveys, information from field monitors, and statistics reports.
6. Trains the technical teams on the requirements of the donor reporting templates.
7. Ensures the respect of the principle of confidentially and does not disclose any information related to work.
8. Supports the field team meetings and compiles and follows up on action-positive and timely feedback.
9. Ensures all project staff understands and adhere to the project logical framework, indicators, and goals.
10. Records lessons learned and best practice case studies from reviews and evaluations and communicate them to the field team.
11. Conducts and supervises the data collection, analyzing, and quality check of data and activities implemented.
12. Contributes to the development of effective information, records and data management strategies
13. Contributes to the development of information, records and data management policies, guidelines and practices
14. Maintains an up-to-date inventory of information assets
15. Conducts the monitoring of field visits to the project locations in order to carry out technical monitoring, verifies that the field work is implemented within the agreed timeframe.
16. Contributes to internal information audits and surveys to monitor compliance and support continuous business improvement.
17. Contributes to regular assessments of, and updates to, CCCM plans, catalogues, metadata, workflows.
18. Conducts himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
19. Performs other related duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Camp Manager, Field Coordinator.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Programme Officer, Protection Officer, Data Management Unit, and Field Officer(s).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs by the link :
June 14 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.