Posted on: 01 June 2021
Deadline: 14 June 2021
Job Title: Hotline and Complaint Officer
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: At soon
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Hotline and Complaint Officer will supervise the team in tracking progress of key indicators and provide timely report to the CCCM Manager. He/ She will be responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities of the CCCM.
The role of the Hotline and Complaint Officer is to support the CCCM Manager in the implementation of the work plan and contribute to achieving and improving the quality of the CCCM project. He/ She is responsible of carrying out Monitoring, Evaluation and complaint mechanism activities in the field.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Working closely with Project Manager and CCCM Manager to establish a mechanism for data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative) and reporting to ensure all data quality requirements are met.
- Receiving calls from beneficiaries and community every working day from Sunday to Thursday (8am – 4pm) and ensure that the hotline is fully functional.
- Accurately records beneficiaries and Community information in the feedback registry on a routine basis and flag any minor and major programmatic complaints and instances of breach SHS code of conduct, allegations of child abuse or sexual exploitation among others.
- Analyzes feedback received from beneficiaries and Community, respond to it in a timely manner and generate weekly and monthly reports on the use of the hotline including a summary of the key issues raised by beneficiaries and Community and how they were responded to.
- Ensures that beneficiaries and Community feedback received through the hotline is used to inform programming and field coordinator.
- Assess the utility and efficiency of the hotline and proposing recommendations for improvements.
- Ensures proper and confidential filing of hotline data and reports.
- Develop tracking tools for projects’ indicators to ensure that activities are tracked according to agreed plans.
- Provide support to the program team in compiling Monitoring & Evaluation reports, stressing the importance of data quality, indicator-based reporting and analysis of trends and the achievement of program objectives/outcomes.
- Work with the Field Coordinator to support the Program team in the weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Ensure that program team submit timely and accurate reports.
- Organize, design, plan and carry out the collection, verification, analysis, compilation and dissemination of Monitoring & Evaluation data.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to guide the regular sharing of the outputs of the findings and feedbacks with project staff, implementing partners, and primary stakeholders.
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Compiling and analyzing collected data in order to identify lessons learned and any gaps or problems, sharing results in project reflection meetings and reporting any concerns to the Project Manager, CCCM Manager and program unit.
- In coordination with CCCM Manager, implement the Accountability Mechanism, including preparations of tools for feedback and complaint collecting and recording, and responding.
- Regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human-interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of project activities.
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities required and requested by the Project Manager or programs Unit.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: CCCM Manager
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: CCCM Manager.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Management unit / program unit
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, statistics, demography or related subject. previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- Previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Experience in working with crisis affected populations and an understanding of their preferred feedback channels.
- Experience in managing beneficiaries and community feedback channels.
Competency and Skills
- knowledge about Monitoring, Evaluation and complaint mechanism concepts and methodologies (quantitative & qualitative)
- strategic, critical, and analytical thinking skills.
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing (Mobile Data Collection is desired)
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Working with a team, or perform tasks alone.
- Commitment to and understanding of SHS aims, values and principles
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Professional working level in both Arabic and English languages.
- High communication skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- Respect deadlines.
- Pay attention to details.
- Adapted to working under pressure.How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs by the link : https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/1hIKaVVH
June 14 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.