Posted on: 01 June 2021
Deadline: 14 June 2021
Job Title: Data Entry
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: At soon
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the development and ensure the implementation of data information flows with the other SHS programs.
- Manage data entry works/teams.
- Troubleshoot data submission errors and data error issues.
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis.
- Implement data validity and quality control measures including random phone calls.
- Regularly collect, compile and save project data using easily searchable and accessible media and readable formats. Implement quality control activities.
- Maintain correct and up-to-date project data and relevant records in both soft and hard-copy files ensuring the security, integrity and confidentiality of the data and records.
- Administer, develop and implement the data warehouse system.
- Support the design and validation of data collection tools (forms, questionnaires, etc.) and processes (assessment), and related data analysis plans.
- Coordinate and check information with field locations on products including but not limited to; program info graphics, situation reports & donor reports. Develop data dissemination plans and implement (e.g., summary reports, graphs, and maps).
- Provide technical assistance to Distribution Officers and supervisors regarding data collection and reporting.
- Institute reporting tracking systems, coordinate and compile reporting from Distribution Officers and supervisors on projects achievement to feed into a central reporting and support field offices to do the same at district level.
- Ensure that data collection system matches donor-reporting needs (regular review for changes/ adaptations) & facilitate reporting (including photos/ examples/ case studies and databases).
- Compile daily finger print voucher for distribution reports,
- Compile weekly and monthly numeric achievements and ensure reporting submitted on time and at high standards.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Shelter NFI's Officer and Project Manager.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Shelter NFI's Officer, Project Manager, Programme Assistant, Field Officer, Distribution Officers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in information or Business management.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in data entry and management for humanitarian or development projects.
- Management roles preferably in complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic databases.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs by the link : https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/rRIj7BAN
June 14 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.