Sorry! This job has expired. Sorry! This job has expired.
Posted on: 01 June 2021
Deadline: 14 June 2021
Job Title: CCCM Assistant
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: At soon
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The CCCM Assistant will be supporting of the collective sites, and the SMC community mobilization work that SHS is implementing in the area as part of its CCCM project. The CCCM assistant will primarily provide support to ensure the smooth day to day running of the CCCM activities, as well as facilitating the establishment of community engagement mechanisms within the collective sites surrounding areas, and support to coordination or services and assistance in the area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. To conduct surveys, assessments and continue to monitor social change and new social information relevant to community empowerment.
2. Monitor multi-sector needs and service provision and the overall condition of the sites(s) and community centers surrounding neighborhoods including shelter, WASH, environment and cross-cutting services and apply a participatory approach to identify, analyse and prioritise the site needs in order to avoid service duplication and gaps
3. In collaboration with other staff members develop joint site risk management plans to promote the health, safety and environment of the collective sites.
4. To identify potential leaders and/or organizers.
5. To motivate and encourage potential leaders to talk to their fellow community members about unity and self-reliance.
6. To raise awareness that community members themselves can move each community out of poverty, and to show them ways they can do this for themselves.
7. To provide community leaders with management skills and knowledge in getting community members interested, organized and motivated.
8. To develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community members.
9. To assist the community in obtaining available outside resources, warning of the negative effects of becoming too dependent upon outside resources.
10. To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members; with special attention to those who are usually forgotten, marginalized and overlooked in community decision making;
11. To assist the community in obtaining information and knowledge that may be available through governmental and non-governmental agencies, through extension and outreach programmes and to assist the community members in developing their own capacity and strength to the point where they no longer need the services of you the mobilizer.
12. Liaise and interact with government authorities and collective sites population to ensure social cohesion and if possible, create opportunities for local employment using principles of gender
13. Assist in the development of effective referral mechanisms in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders. Carry out, monitor and follow up on referrals.
14. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
15. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: SMC/ Community Mobilizers
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Field Coordinator
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Civil engineer, Data Entry, Community mobilizers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs by the link : https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/PfBToEB2
by June 14 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.