Sorry! This job has expired. Sorry! This job has expired.
National Microfinance Foundation (NMF) works in the economic empowerment and provides support to micro and small enterprises since 2003. It seeks to be the source of funding and the tool of growth and development to empower the local economy with a range of financial services such as savings, loans, insurance, as well as non-financial services such as feasibility studies, capacity building, and follow-up. NMF manages commercial and agriculture portfolios through more than 150 employees in 20 branches across Yemen.
Posted vacancy: Deputy Executive Director.
Employer: National Microfinance Foundation (NMF) – Yemen.
Place: Sana'a (Head Office).
Position Type: Full-time contract.
Position reporting to: Executive Director.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: May 19th, 2021.
Closing Date: June 17th, 2021.
Number of Vacancies: (1).
Full representation of the Executive Director in overseeing, controlling, and follow-up the entire departments' matters. Besides, guarantee the implementation of the annual plans efficiently, especially for operations, financial and risk affairs.
1. Contribute with the executive management in setting goals, drawing up the strategic plan and general policies, and making decisions that concern the foundation as a whole.
2. Helping to develop practical procedures that help implement the established policies, plans, and programs and recommend any required decisions to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
3. Assist in formulating of the foundation's future development and tactical initiatives.
4. Plan, manage and control the financial resources according to the regulations and policies.
5. Support the development effort of the foundation's infrastructure, environment, and ensuring staff capacity building program's execution, which can help the foundation to be a bank in the future.
6. Ensure that the foundation adheres to the laws, legislation, and best practices of the microfinance field industry.
7. Supervise the supporting departments (middle management) to control the foundation's branches in order of reaching a high level of harmony and consistency, in addition to carrying out field visits when needed.
8. Supervise all operations in the foundation to ensure accuracy, quality, and development.
9. Represent the foundation locally and internationally, accompanied by the Executive Director or by being the acting.
10. Participate in preparing the annual plans for the operations, finance and risk departments and ensure approval by the Executive Director.
11. Contributing to the development of the foundation’s work mechanisms, to raise the foundation's efficiency and continuity.
12. Submit a summary of quarterly performance reports to the top management for the operations, finance and risk departments.
13. Develop performance measures that support the foundation's strategic direction, follow-up the indicators and portfolio quality.
14. Develop financial strategies and manage the budgeting, forecast processes, and implement budget control.
15. Participate in the Foundation decision process as a member of the executive committee.
16. Ensure efficiency and compliance in operations, finance and risk management.
17. Any related tasks that assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and requirements:
• University degree in a relevant field (Management, administration/ or finance, accounting, or any related field).
• Proficiency in both English and Arabic mandatory (oral and written).
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and other related software and tools.
• A minimum of five (5) years experience in a relevant senior position in leadership and financial positions.
• The ability to make decisions and assume responsibilities, guidance, and analysis.
• The ability to manage risks and crises.
• Good knowledge of legislation, laws, and internal regulations.
• Professional accounting and finance knowledge, finance and risk policies, and practices.
• General understanding of financing, contracts, and risk management.
• Knowledge of ERP systems, automation, and best practices.
• High professional ethics and integrity.
• Good business acumen and interrelation skills.
• Good analytical skills and leadership qualities.
• Strong communication and reporting skills.
• Ability to work under high pressures
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to the next stage of the selection process.
To visit our website, please click on the following link: