Sorry! This job has expired. Sorry! This job has expired.
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Under the direct line management of Logistics Coordinator (L.C) the role will play a pivotal role to assist L.C in harmonising logistical processes including procurement, warehouse and inventory, GIK and asset Management. Work with LC, Finance, and Programme teams to ensure systems and procedures are adhered to, reviewed, and updated as appropriate.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Reporting to: Procurement Assistant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Ensure that logistics staff maintains a robust stock management mechanisms are in place.
• Provide logistics support to Logistics staff based on agreed priorities
• Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall logistics performance in support of the programmes.
• Manage the daily procurement requests and deliver items within standard lead-time
• Ensure and update the Asset Register for Taiz office; ensuring that all programme assets are logged, issued with unique Save the Children asset numbers and ID cards, and are tracked throughout the country including co-ordination with other logistics colleagues on any asset relocations.
• With the close coordination with field logistics team and logistics coordinator prepare report for Asset Disposal in accordance with Save the Children and donor guidelines.
• Update, monitor and coordinate all Gift-In kind (GIK) management issues at Field level as well as provide support to field logistics team; this includes safety / security and timely reporting as per respective donor prerequisites and SCI GIK management procedures.
• Establish a robust filing system for all logistics monthly reports, Framework contracts and GIK
• Assist LC to analyse logistics Trackers Data on monthly basis to gauge the guidelines are in place
• Ensure that all TIM warehouses accounts are active and SCI field data transactions are accurate.
• Track procurements including cargo movements and monitoring of supply “pipeline” to ensure more timely deliveries.
• Provide regular procurement tracker to all head of sectors and make sure it is updated in daily basis.
• Contribute for developing procurement plan during proposal and provide up to date prices and the availability of all items in the market.
• Follow up with Programmes the implementation of all procurement plan to avoid delay and last minute requests.
• Implementing effective stock management and administration systems, thoroughly monitoring stock levels and advising on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds him/herself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 2-3 Years experience in Logistics with NGO.
• Experience in supply chain management, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse, stock management and basic comprehension of cold chain.
• Experience of vehicle and fleet management (mechanical knowledge a plus)
• Experience in distributions of NFIs and/or emergency food distributions
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Written and spoken Arabic and with a good working proficiency of English
• Key flexibility for a roving role in a demanding, complex and insecure environment.
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles. To recognise the need to be independent, neutral and impartial when at all possible.
• Relevant qualifications or training courses.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
To apply for this job please click on Procurement Officer