PDQ Coordinator – Location: Sana’a - Country Office
The PDQ Coordinator will be based in Sanaa and will work closely with the PDQ Director and PDQ team to support programme quality functions and coordination. The post holder will be responsible for coordinating with the relevant departments and other issues, including meetings, trainings etc. Similarly, the PDQ Coordinator will play a key role in supporting strategy development, reporting, managing departmental budgets and research.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme Development and Quality
- Work Closely with Awards team on updating the Concept Note/Proposal development timelines and keep PDQ team updated and informed.
- Work closely with the Director of Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) to conduct field support visits to monitor project implementation and review quality
- Work with Technical Advisors/Specialists to organise trainings for field programme teams on sector specific quality benchmarks, KPIs
- With guidance and support from Director of PDQ, Closely Follow up with PDQ Team and update KPIs on a regular basis
- With support from Director of PDQ, prepare updates on key quality issues identified through field visit reports, quality benchmarks, lesson learned workshops and collaborate with PDQ team on drafting action planning.
- Work with the ME Specialist and the Research, Assessment and Learning Specialist to developed key updates to be shared with programme teams in the field.
- Work closely with the Research, Assessment and Learning Specialist to plan and coordinate with the field offices any learning events based on the Research, Evaluation and Assessment results
- Work Closely with Head of MEAL, to guide and help them in preparing summary progress and analytical update on IMPACT reporting; Accountability reports and keep Director of PDQ informed
- Support Accountability Team to drive the accountability and participation activities including training of field programme implemenmtation team and reporting.
- Work Closely with Award team on Reporting Calendar and prepare PDQ Internal calendar using teams and to do list
- Coordinate with Director PDQ and Technical Advisors to ensure that key reports including country annual reports, quarterly reports (KPIs, Common approaches, periodic updates are completed and submitted timely)
- Work closely with the Technical Advisors to ensure that sitreps are compiled on a timely manner following timelines
- Closely follow up with PDQ team members to Consolidate progress and update on all PDQ priorities and action plans on a monthly basis
Coordination and Collaboration
- Coordinate PDQ meetings, planning and program review activities and follow up with PDQ team members on the agreed action points on a bi-weekly basis
- Coordinate and keep updated the PDQ team rotation and field visit planner, leave planner, key events and timelines for PDQ deliverables
- Work closely with the PDQ team during planning sessions for the country annual plans and country strategic planning to ensure that all activities are well coordinated among the team and with other departments.
- Coordinate with admin and security departments to organise for external visitors travel plans and field visits
- Collaborate and Coordinate with PDQ function leads to update on the recurrent monthly thematic or functional meetings and progresses.
Gender and inclusion
- Provide support to the Gender and Inclusion Advisor to represent Yemen CO in gender network and related forums
- CO facilitate training on gender and inclusion in coordination with Gender and Inclusion Advisor
- Work with the relevant Technical Advisors and Specialists on coordinating proposals/ Concept Notes national ministries and coordination authorities in Sanaa and Aden
- Support the deputy PDQ director in synchronize partnership approach within the country programme and ensure proper communication with local partners whenever needed.
- Bachelor or higher degree in social sciences or relevant field
- Excelent profieciency and command in English and Arabic language (Oral, written and reading).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Humanitarian Sector
- Experience and expertise in humanitarian work is highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical skills; ability to analyze and compile and summarize pertinent information
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Strong personnel and logistics management skills; solution oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast paced environment and produce results under challenging conditions
- Willingness to work in a challenging security environment
- Adherence to the principle of child safe guarding and protection.
- Proficient competency in Internet and Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other database/mapping systems.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”