Sorry! This job has expired. Sorry! This job has expired.
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI, WFP and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a ,Almahweet, Aden and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Wash Officer.
Number of Vacancy: (2)
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Location: Hajjah (Shares and Kuhlan Al-Sharaf)
Position type: Full time Contract
Position reporting to: Project Manager
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post Date: April15th 2021.
I. Purpose of the function
The WASH Project Officer is overseeing needs assessments; coordination; implementation and monitoring of all WASH interventions with special focus on Public Health, Hygiene and Sanitation in the assigned project area.
II. Tasks, responsibilities, results
The WASH Project Officer has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
· Design and conduct need assessments in the assigned program area
· Advise WASH Coordinator and Area Manager on target locations for WASH and integrated interventions
· Conduct public health/hygiene and sanitation assessments
· Identify vulnerable population and select target beneficiaries according to the donor criteria.
· Assist the WASH coordinator in designing the public health/hygiene and sanitation interventions and strategy.
· Assist in designing all BCC / IEC materials and tools related to public health, hygiene and sanitation
· Assist the area manager in sub agreements and other project related documentation (including translation)
· Designing monitoring tools related to Health, Hygiene and sanitation
· Inform district leaders and communities about SDF’s interventions
· Inform the WASH Coordinator and Area Manager about issues/problems in the field
· Ensure CHS by informing the communities about ZOA’s selection criteria; about project conditions and project deliverables
· Coordinate with Project Assistants, WASH engineers, FSL, H&N and MEAL officers the integrated programme at district level.
· Provide public health& hygiene advise to WASH technicians related to any WASH construction interventions, such as the construction of latrines, water schemes, etc.
· Attend cluster meetings if requested by the project Manager
· Coordinate with other humanitarian partners regarding humanitarian interventions at field level
· Monitor and capacitate local partners related to health, hygiene and sanitation interventions
· Supervise the Project Assistants, Community Mobilisers and Community Health Volunteers in the field
· Organize and conduct the BCC events and cascading groups related to public health, hygiene and sanitation.
· Organize the distribution of hygiene kits, cholera prevention kits, water filters and other WASH awareness items as part of the Health, hygiene and Sanitation promotion
· Oversee all Hygiene and Sanitation interventions (soft component).
· Monitor the progress and quality of the project implementation according to the project implementation plan.
· Ensure that Community Committees and Water Management Committees are selected appropriately and well-established within the community.
· Participate in the training of the Community Committees on their roles and responsibilities
· Ensure that Water Management Committees are trained in finances, technical skills, good hygiene practices, and sustainable management of their water supply
· Data collection and analysis:
· Ensure that beneficiary data is collected and documented to a very high level of accuracy
· Conduct baseline/ progress and end term assessments within the targeted communities
· Provide monitoring forms to the project assistants and ensure that the forms are filled in correctly
· Analyze all data from the field and use the data for reporting
· Based on analyses data, produce reports to be submitted to the WASH project manager.
· Ensure that the goods delivery and reception is followed-up and well documented that all paper work is collected and filed
· Submit weekly reports to the WASH project manager
· Degree in Public Health, Civil or Water Resource Engineering, or another relater field
· Extensive knowledge of WASH Projects in their entirety, and their implementation
· Humanitarian Principles and Red Cross Code of Conduct
· Knowledge of Yemeni Health and Safety requirements, and other legal requirements
· Technical knowledge of pumps and pipe networks
· KPC and KAP Surveys
· MEAL implementation
. Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here not later than May 05th2021.
· RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.