Position: Project Manager
Location: Sana’a with Regular Field Visits to Marib
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till September 30, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the program cycle and responsible for the smooth implementation of the MANR project activities in the area. This will include strongly management of the field sectoral activities taking in consideration the indicators, goals. S/He will closely coordinate with support departments (HR, Procurement, Logistics, Finance, MEAL, DATA Managements, MTM, ADCOM, etc) to implement project activities on time according to donor regulations to reach the goals of the project. S/He will represent the project officially to the governments and the other stakeholders including the clusters and other INGOs, LNGOs, community committees and beneficiaries. S/He will closely monitor the activities implementation match the works policies, procedures, mechanism and guidelines of the work. Furthermore S/He will support Project monitoring, evaluation and reporting
The “Project Manager” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Program Manager, field coordinators, supervisors and head of departments on all project activities.
- Represent the project to government officials, community members, and local stakeholders such as the UN and local and international organizations
- Represent the agency in cluster and coordination meetings with the other implementing partners and other meetings as necessary
- Develop strong connections with relevant government bodies, UN and NGOs to coordinate project activities in the target areas
- Lead the work teams in the project to reach the goals with high efficiency and better quality.
- Draft monthly, quarterly and annual reports as scheduled to the Program Manager
- Take a lead in the development of monthly and quarterly work plans for activities through using the formats of the DIPs and IPTTs which match the strategic goals of the organization.
- Develop the monthly, quarterly and yearly work plans incoming expenditures using the usual format of the cash flow of the budget in coordination with the Senior finance manager.
- Monitor the daily expenditures of the project activities using the budget lines in better way in consulting with the Senior finance manager and procurement department
- Monitor the weekly, monthly plans of the activities by sectors to insure that the plans reach to the project goals as planned in the project DIP.
- Participate in weekly project management meetings and minute the outcomes of discussions
- Review job descriptions for all project staff on a med-year basis, make necessary changes to reflect project needs in coordination with HR department, Finance and Program Managers.
- Assist in the recruitment of project staff as necessary.
- Perform other Relevant duties as requested by the Direct Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor / Master Degree in Social Sciences is required
- 6 years of direct experience working in project management, preferably in humanitarian context
- Experience in leadership and team management, team mobilization, and managing local partnerships.
- Experience in capacity building, program design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of working and managing staff across multiple sites/projects
- Experience in the design and implementation of M&E activities
- Good Working competence in Microsoft Office: Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint with advance grading.
- Ability of timing managements and catch up with the deadlines.
- Ability to be resourceful in the face of obstacles.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Fluency in Arabic required.
- Excellent skills of communication.
- Ability to prioritize and manage varied workload.
- Ability to manage stress, problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Reporting Skills are Required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities