Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Aden, Yemen
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day
Under the direct supervision of Programme Officer and general supervision of Head of Aden Area office, This job is found in WFP Yemen, Aden and job holder report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
Job holder is likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.She/he is typically involved in programme or policy
activities or similar nature and analytical work of limited complexity.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. In support of the head of Aden AO, the incumbant will be responsible for day to day operational issues of the Aden FO, including follow up of the timely delivery of food in-kind, CTVN, Nutrition, and CBT assistance of beneficiaries in liaison with supply chain and CBT teams, coordination of effective distribution of WFP assistance as well as monitoring all aspects of the programme by WFP partners in Mne with WFP.
2. The incumbant will also ensure the overall strategic planning considers the food security constraints in Abyan, Adale, and Aden governorates and ensure the timely completion of monthly plans with support and maintaining strong coordination with the relevant units in the programme.
3. She/he will will ensure close coordination with the relevant government parties/ local authorities to update them regarding WFP interventions.
4. she/he will also arrange coordination meetings with the relevant departments / local authorities to discuss the challenges and issues if any related to WFPs ongoing operations and will solicit support and facilitation from the relevant departments to ensure the continuity of live-saving assistance to the most vulnerable beneficiaries.
5. assist and maintain strong coordination with the database to receive monthly achievements and further share them with the relevant government departments and local authorities to educate them on WFP life-saving assistance to the most vulnerable beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - CONTINUED
6. Assist and arrange meetings With the relevant government official for the Head Of FO to maintain and ensure Strong coordination with the government departments and local authorities
7. Ensuring strong coordination with WFP CPS, NGOs/ INGOS, Clusters, and CCCMS for ensuring coordination and information sharing.
8. Liaise and follow up with other units including administration, finance, security procurement, ICT, and HR for timely resolution of operational issues/challenges if any.
9. Regular field visits and maintaining of strong coordination with the local District administration and local authorities to the mentioned governorates to support on-going operation of WFP.
10. Other as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance with 1 year relevant experience , or First University Degree with additional 2 years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Administrative/Assistant/Secretariat work experience is not considered, except for years holding Associate positions or above (UN equivalent grade G-6 or above), in which case each year is counted at 50%
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English AND Arabic languages.
Citizenship: Only Yemeni citizens are eligible for this position.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
• Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
• Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher)||Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized areas (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.)||Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/ Government||Develops thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g., government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen national or subnational entities and government owned food and nutrition security programmes.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 13 May 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please go to the link associated to the VA you want to apply to
Link For Non-WFP candidates: Click here
Link for WFP Staff: Click here
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account (if you do not already have one)