Position: Procurement Officer
Location: Sana’a with Regular Field Visits to Marib
Reports to: Logistics and Procurement Manager
Duration: Till September 30, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the Direct supervision of the Logistics and Procurement Manager, the Procurement Officer supports the Logistics and Procurement Manager to ensure effective and efficient procurement management across ADRA Yemen and building the capacity to address the high procurement demands of the current operations.
The “ Procurement Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Works in team spirit and facilitates tasks and work needs such as constructive and materialistic tasks in a time frame effectively according to the budget given and instructions.
- Supports and supervises the Procurement team efforts in order to achieve excellence, high quality and effectiveness in performance.
- Commits to work policy and regulations that are mentioned in ADRA procurement and Car use policy and avoid conflict of interest and to verify all the offered licenses.
- Executes all the assignments and tasks ordered by the project management team and supervisors.
- Supervises and checks all the outstanding payments.
- Assists the Logistics and Procurement Manager, when needed, with procurements and commits with work conditions as well as to provide quotations of the required prices for all materials and goods and devices requested.
- Responsible of the inventory of the project.
- Follows up and implements daily tasks and guide the assistants.
- Gathers all requests submitted by work programs supervisors and submit them on time.
- Prioritizes the requests and make schedules accordingly, and checks the request items with the team, if needed.
- Collects and verifies all the offers and price quotes.
- Verifies the conscientious purchase offers and bids.
- Analyses the quotes and rise the recommendations.
- Commits to organize the work regarding maintenance and abides to the required. Plus, fills the procurement forms and finishes the procedures regarding signatures and data and submits them on time.
- Contracts the selected Suppliers, Vendors and Service providers.
- Follows-up the selected Suppliers, Vendors and Service providers in their work submissions.
- Submit Payments to the finance department in accordance with the procurement and finance policies.
- Abides to honesty and high principles when dealing with service providers, team members, employees and the community with which he/she works.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain , Logistics ,Business administration ,or relevant field is required.
- 3 years of experience in Procurement Officer Positions, preferably in Humanitarian NGOs
- English Language (Writing and speaking) is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Power Point, in particular).
- Reporting Skills are Required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities