Position: Logistics Officer
Vacancy Reference Number: LO-SNA21
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Operation department works with country departments and projects team in identifying, planning, implementing, and providing all supports to IRY departments and projects.
The overall objective of operation department is to support and improve work and environment of IRY offices
Reporting technically to Operations Manager administratively, the Logistic Officer will ensure timely allocation of the requested IRY commodities, transportation of the same to final distribution points, proper storage and final preparation of IRY and donor reports on utilization. The staff will facilitate all logistic related procurements and other financial processes for effective implementation of nutrition funded project/s.
Roles and Responsibilities
- IRY supplies request and transportation – Follow up with donor for timely allocation and dispatch of requested commodities, arranging for transportation modalities up to final distribution points
- Tracking of supplies – Monitoring of projects supplies being transported to ensure no unnecessary delay on the way and keeping field programme staff and line supervisor updated.
- Secondary transportation – Facilitate / follow up with warehouse storekeeper and project staffs on timely manner to deliver nutrition supplies from warehouse to the targeted FDPs keeping line supervisor updated on progress.
- IRY commodity storage – Follow up with field staffs (warehouse storekeeper & project staffs) to ensure delivered commodities are properly stored in secure, clean and hygienic conditions free from theft and infestation.
- Monitoring/management of stock levels – Work closely with field teams to ensure that supplies at FDPs and warehouse/s reaches the intended beneficiaries and that stock cards are properly filled and kept updated to ensure there are no stock outs or expiration of the commodities.
- Filing of logistic documents – Properly file all project documents in relation to stock request orders, transportation, stock management and all submitted reports.
- Logistic related procurements – Facilitate projects team in processing all purchase requests, cash advances and other forms of procurements related to logistics (vehicle hire, office rentals, warehouse rentals, contract, payment, transportation truck rentals etc.)
- Capacity building – Regular trainings of project team in matters related stock management and transportation and warehouse management through regular field visits to all project areas.
- Conduct regular field visits both planned and random checks to ensure nutrition commodities are well managed, properly stored and well documented.
- Participate actively in preparation of monthly Reports and Stock Balance Reports (warehouses) keeping in mind the set deadlines.
- Constant follow up with WFP, UNICEF, WHO, GHO, MoPHP and any other related stakeholder in all supplies related issues in coordination with Programme Team
- Perform any other duty assigned by the line supervisor/s
- At least three years working experience with I/NGOs in similar or related position
- Proficient in the main computer application (MS Excel, MS Word and internet/emails)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English & Arabic)
- Ability to plan and organize work independently with minimal supervision paying attention to detail and completing the planned tasks in timely manner
- Organizational and planning skills
Respectful, accountability, courageous, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, team player, developing teams, contributing to team success, negotiation skills.
A Bachelor Degree in related fie
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.