Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Medical Mobile Team Leader
Department: Health and Nutrition
Location: Al- Khowkhah-Hays
Duration: Three Months
Salary and Benefits: Gross monthly salary: 1747 $ - 2088 $
Medical and Life insurance: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
Overall objective of Position: Overall responsible for defining, planning and monitoring medical activities in the field in accordance with ACF protocols as well as coordinate human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by ACF. Coordinate, supervise, coach and support the medical team in area of implementation
TASK & RESPONSIBILITIES
Objective 1: Needs assessment, planning and joint capacity assessment of health services provision.
- Conduct joint capacity assessment using IMCI, PHC and ANC/PNC quality monitoring checklists with district/Governorate health officers.
- Conduct quarterly assessment of health service provision in the temporary clinic and communities.
- Periodic capacity assessment of internal team members and planning for on-job coaching/refresher training with support of Health DPM and PM.
- Periodic review and analyze mobile team caseload to provide action
Objective 2: Ensure smooth implementation and proper functioning of the mobile Health services provision.
- As the main focal person for MH, lead in overall programmatic supervision and activities implementation.
- Develop activity plans and revise/update them when changes/corrections are identified.
- Work with the Health and nutrition Deputy PM/PM/Expert to set up a suitable schedule for medical assistants and nurses to ensure the functionality of the mobile team at the most vulnerable target population
- Ensure all ACF/national medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- Ensure professional confidentiality is respected.
- Closely monitor and provide guidance to MH staff to ensure appropriate medical diagnosis for defining the patient health status.
- Develop and implement quality improvement work for service delivery of newborn, maternal and reproductive health interventions in MH including sexual or gender-based violence care.
- Work with the Deputy PM, Health and Nutrition to establish a mechanism for referral cases and ensure the mechanism will facilitate the transportation for reachable referral hospital and follow up the management progress.
- Establish crowd control mechanisms in (Triage area, OPD, RHC, or OTP) to ensure smooth flow of the beneficiaries in the mobile sites
- Provide guidance and support to put in place triage, detection of children with danger signs and acutely malnourished children by the trained measurers.
- Ensure that adequate health checkup is done to identify medical complications according to IMCI protocol and Management guidelines for children above 5 years and adults.
- Ensure that appropriate referral of children is maintained within the national health guidelines and ACF project policy based on medical assessments and examinations.
- Monitor if mothers/caretakers are given adequate information regarding their child health status and importance of the treatment.
- Organize capacity building training related to health services including develop training roll out plans for health workers and coordinate with respective Public Health Departments for conducting trainings
- Coordinate with the Deputy Program Manager in order to facilitate post training follow up activities and support in the program learning exercises, lessons learned documentation of the health services interventions.
- Provide adequate technical support, proactively and on request, to the field staff for the effective implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Closely coordinate with WaSH team to ensure appropriate WaSH facilities in the targeted THC/HFs
- Closely working with the local communities and representatives in the section of MH implementation sites,
- Work with ACF security and access manager/officer to get the detail security situation of the intervention areas
- Conduct regular service mapping to link target beneficiaries to other organizations and government health facilities
Objective 3: Information management, reporting and coordination
- Develop and ensure data collection templates for MH tracking, health workers training tracking, supportive supervision visit tracking and on-job coaching tracking are in place and updated regularly by the team.
- Ensure that attendance sheets are used and maintained by the teams for on-job coaching sessions, refresher trainings, supportive supervision visits
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to ACF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Ensure that data collection templates for health services are filled, checked and timely shared with line manager/health information officer and that hard copies are collected, analyzed and shared with the narrative to the line manager.
- Analyze complied reports and performances of the MH. Summary narrative shall including;
- Report on any referral cases
- Report on any death cases
- Monthly variation of prevalence for diseases
- Findings from regular supervision visits (Checklists)
- Challenges in field
- Regularly report and coordinate with line mangers regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making.
- Maintain monthly reports on prevalence of diarrhea, acute respiratory infections and infectious diseases from the monthly database.
Objective 4: Management of medical and nutrition supplies for the health facility
- Ensure that the MH has sufficient supplies for medical and nutrition services at all times
- Support the pharmacy assistant to maintain proper record of all the supplies provided to the health facility
- Ensure recommended storage conditions are maintained for both nutrition and medical supplies at all times
- In liaison with the pharmacy assistant prepare stock reports and consumption reports for submission to the pharmacist
- Communicate timely to the Deputy Program Manager Health and Nutrition any likely shortages of medical and nutrition supplies at the health facility
- Follow up with the pharmacist on accurate dispensation of medicines and nutrition supplies at the health facility in line with treatment protocols
Objective 5: Ensure maintenance and hygiene for all equipment and premises:
- Carry out inspections on a daily basis to check the state of the premises
- Conduct inventory on monthly basis together with the pharmacist assistant (including support to nurses/midwife for their pharmacies and equipment)
- Ensure that all equipment is used in an appropriate manner by those present at the clinic
- Set up procedures to prevent theft or loss
- Verify the availability of clean drinkable water for patients and activities. Report to DPM any problem.
- Verify the cleanliness and disinfection of the premises and equipment
- Verify correct removal procedures for sewage, solid waste and medical material
- Check that all incinerators are working properly
- Update a check-sheet for each point (quantity, quality, water chlorination)
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of ACF Temporary clinic/ fixed HFs.
- Participate to weekly physical inventory of health facilities or temporary clinic’s pharmacies.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Perform other additional duties on request of your direct Supervisor
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
Respect ACF Humanitarian principles, ACF values and HR policies.
Qualifications and skills required:
Bachelor of Medicine with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably with INGOs and experience of managing mobile health and nutrition team.
- At least 2-year experience in health and nutrition projects implementation with practice in Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI), Primary Health Care (PHC) and Reproductive Health including case management and referral.
- Knowledge on Minimum Service Package (MSP) protocol essential.
- Knowledge of tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery
- Have an experience of drugs and medical supplies supply chain management
- Team management including supervision and support to junior health staff
- Good monitoring and supervision skills is essential
- Excellent communication and reporting skills with good attention to detail
- Dynamic, resourceful and creativity in the working environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Working knowledge of English (both oral and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and react according to evolving context/situation.
- Level of the position: Managerial (M1)
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position and your name in the title, to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 20/Jan/2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted