An Area Coordinator
The Area Coordinator is responsible for oversight of all programmes, operations, and safety and security of all staff under his/her area of responsibility. The Area Coordinator represents PUI to local stakeholders including authorities, donors, NGOs and other actors, monitors and analyses the humanitarian context and assesses needs accordingly in order to inform programmatic strategy.
- Assessment/Strategy: He/She proactively monitors the context and humanitarian needs under his/her areas of responsibility, proposes, designs, and leads assessments and the development of appropriate interventions. He/She participates actively in the mission wide strategy development.
- Representation: He/She Represent PUI to partners, donors and duty bearers, and to promote an optimal operational space for pursuing PUI’s strategic priorities in coordination with all relevant entities, espeically government authorities in Aden.
- Fundraising: He/She assists the Head of Mission and Deputy Head of Mission Programmes in donor relations and identification of fundraising opportunities, especially in his/her area of responsibility.
- Coordination/Programmes: He/She is accountable for an adequate definition and efficient implementation of the projects and disseminates information from/to the area. He/She, alongside the Field Coordinator, ensures effective communication and dissemination of information between bases and with the Coordination as and when appropriate.
- Safety & Security: In collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Area Coordinator is responsible for the safety and security of all PUI staff, assets, and premises under his/her areas of operation.
- Human Resources: He/She indirectly supervises all the teams under his/her area of responsibility, composed of national and international staff and supports the Field Coordinator in recruitment, briefing and follow up where necessary.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or equivalent in social science, politics science, program management, international development preferred
- Security and safety management
- At least 4 years of experience in projects development/implementation;
- Strong experience in Budget/Finance Management (cost-efficiency);
- Strong experience of managing logistical processes;
- Experience working with a variety of donors;
- Experience in Safety Management
- Skills and experience in developing of national staff capacity;
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent writing skills
- Team Management
- Project Management skills
- Team Management
- Ability to represent PUI as per the recommendations of the HoM and ensure an efficient and proactive coordination with other actors.
- Knowledge of Health programming
- Security management and context follow-up
Languages: English is required, arabic is a plus
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract - 4 months renewable
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Monthly Gross Income: from 2 420 up to 2 750 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost Coverde Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily Living Expenses « Per diem »
- Break Policy : : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance if pending visa, 5 working days at 2, 4, 8 and 10 months if in-country
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our website.
للتقديم على الوظيفة: