Sorry! This job has expired. Sorry! This job has expired.
TITLE: Accountability Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME:MEAL LOCATION: Sana’a with field visits to all SC operation areas and governorates.
GRADE: 4 CONTRACT LENGTH:
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The purpose of this role is to provide essential support to Save the Children’s programs focusing on promoting accountability to beneficiaries with the objective of empowering communities and obtaining feedback on SCI projects leading to improved quality and impact. The incumbent will work very closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Coordinator as well as all concerned project staff and project beneficiaries in establishing accountability mechanisms.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of MEAL
Dimensions: The Yemen Country Office (CO) has diverse programs, with an annual portfolio of over USD 70 million in Food Security and Livelihoods, Health, Nutrition, WASH, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, and Education. It has presence in eight governorates: Sa’ada, Hajjah, Hodeida in the north; Amran and Sana’a in the center; and Aden, Lahj and Taiz in the south. It employs over 400 staff. The current conflict in Yemen has caused a severe humanitarian crisis. In keeping with this, the CO portfolio is largely humanitarian and is expected to further increase to respond to growing needs.
Staff directly reporting to this post: NA
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
• Responsible of strengthening the accountability mechanisms to inform program design and implementation.
• Contribute during proposal writing, enuring that all planned Actions have clear information sharing an participation strategies.
• Contribuate in writing all donor and required internal reports.
• Training and supervising Accountbility staff ,community mobilizers, volunteers ,and partners on Accountbility to Affected Populations (AAP).
• Make sure that we follow the AAP guidelines as informaed by the CHS and SCI Policy.
• Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
• Make sure that communities are involved and consulted regularly in all projects in the project cycle.
• Ensures that all beneficiaries voices are heard and reflected in management decision making.
• Supervise Feedbacks and the Accountability database and review all reports issued from the CRM system.
• Manage the toll free system.
• Manage databases of information sharing and lead innovation on new mechanisms, tools and channels to improve feedbacks and information sharing.
• Ensure coordination on accountability activities, including the development and use of information materials and the establishment of child friendly accountability tools.
• Attend relavent cluster working groups and proactively participate to represent Save the Children in Accountability related issues.
• Work closely with program and MEAL teams, implementing accountability assessments in the targeted communities according to SC accountability benchmarks and other international standards.
• Supporting the MEAL Assistants to draft standardised and project specific information packs and obtaining feedback.
• Regular field visists to lead community meetings and cosultations specifically with children using child friendly mechanisms, channels and tools.
• With the program team ensures Save the children safe programming approach and community engagement.
• Propose regular updates, upgrades and renewal of accountability mechanisms.
• Ensure learning of best practices and cascading them among Yemen program.
• Exchange experiences with other actors through coordination meetings.
• Support the MEAL lead in assessing the capacities of program and MEAL team, and propose affective capacities building activities and implement them.
• Any other relevant tasks.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
• Commitment to Save the Children Values
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to university level
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 2 solid years or more hands on experience in accountability (inclusive of information sharing ,leading participation and leading feedback colloction.
• Degree in social science or related.
• Fluent in Arabic language and very good knowledge at English.
• Computer literacy of using Word and Excel a plus.
• Good organisational skills, the ability to pay close attention to detail and capable of reporting in a timely manner.
• Very good analytical skills maninly quanatitve data.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills.
• Ability to interact well with people (including children) and proven experience of building strong relationships with community members
• A confident, flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others, a willingness and commitment to work long hours and/or over weekends and to spend considerable amount of time in remote field sites.
• Commitment to and understanding of SCI’s aims, values and principles.
• Awareness of international accountability standards including HAP (Humanitarian Accountability Partnership) and a demonstrated commitment to promoting these standards in ways of working and project implementation.
• Experience of working with an international NGO in Yemen region.
• Experience of social work in local communities.
• Experience of effectively communicating findings to internal/external stakeholders.
• Experience in child friendly accountability systems.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
للتقديم على الوظيفة :