CARE International is currently seeking a Women Economic Empowerment Officer who will contribute and support the implementation of women economic empowerment program through assisting WEE Coordinator to run the project interventions duly and in accordance with project documents and work plan.
Position: Women Economic Empowerment Officer
This position will do this by assisting with the implementation, coordination, and monitoring of the project and activities, providing administrative support to the project and maintaining project archives, documenting the project, and assisting with training and workshops. She will be focal point to coordinate closely with local implementing partner and other relevant parties in order to realizing project’s objectives.
Planning and Implementation:
- Make sure timely, accurate and high-quality project implementation as per work plan through effective liaison with related partners.
- Provide support to the establishment of the women entrepreneurship and livelihoods network
- Monitor project activities and interventions so they are implemented accordance with project outputs and expected impacts.
- Offer ideas, suggestions and recommendations which improve the project team performance and facilitate the implementation of the project activities, which includes team training needs.
- Assist with the production of project briefs and agreements and any material in Arabic and English.
- Liaise with the project’s partners, arranging and confirming site visits and meetings and if appropriate attending and recording these.
- Monitor the activities of services that are provided by Implementing Local Partner.
- Helping to analyze, identify and recommend amendments to the planned activities for enhancement of project delivery at national and governmental levels for obtaining good quality of education and sustained economic empowerment of youth.
- By close coordination with WEE coordinator to develop quarterly work and action plans and progress reports against outputs and deliverables;
- Provide on-going support to the team in Pamodzi (Finance system).
- Ensure the quality of the reports generated by the project before external or internal official circulation.
- Provide training to partners/women as needed.
- Provide support in donor contract management, its administration and compliance.
- Provide support to the Design Monitoring Evaluation activities including review of systems and processes, capacity building of staff, and development of program information for multiple audiences, quality and timeliness of reporting.
- Provide support in the provision of training from the planning to the evaluation phase.
- Ensure that the crosscutting issues (gender, participation, conflict sensitivity, etc.) are prioritized while implementing project action plan.
- Keep track of unit progress against indicators defined in the results framework;
- Ensure timely submission of reports on field activities by Local Implementing Partner and relevant stakeholders to be submitted to the WEE Coordinator.
- Compile data needed for regular project reports and contribute to drafting regular progress reports for donors.
Program Impact, Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Implement strategies for achieving and capturing impact of project activities
- Identify and document lessons learned. Analyze and document results through reports and publications.
- Ensure that project files are up to date and well maintained.
- Conceives and elaborate community development interventions with specific focus on mobilizing continued funding for the program.
- By close coordination with WEE Coordinator to provide guidance and technical support to Local Implementing Partner and consultants to ensure effective implementation of planned interventions assigned
Line Management, Communication and Coordination:
- Coordinate with partners (INGOs, NGOs, local authorities and community leaders) based on participation principles to enable a well-organized planning of effective learning and sharing
- In coordination with the (Deputy) Area Manager, communicate in liaison with related partners, including disseminating information to them, collecting information from them, replying to their queries.
- Ensure timely and sufficient information-sharing on project implementation with WEE Coordinator, project partners and other relevant stakeholders and maintain close communications with them for quality of Education and economic empowerment of youth;
- In coordination with the (Deputy) Area Manager, explore the scope of possible effective coordination, on a regular basis, between the project and governmental bodies where appropriate for effective implementation and enhanced sustainability of the project.
- Line manage WEE Field Officers where appropriate.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager
- Acts as the Project Manager in his/her absence.
- University degree in Development, Women Economic Empowerment and/or Gender Based Violence programming, or related field
- Desired knowledge of frameworks of Women Empowerment and participation
- Desired knowledge and experience of women economic development
- Good communication skills with the host communities and Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- Good level of English language both spoken and writing
- 2+ years of experience in project management and/or a similar capacity
- Experience in planning, monitoring (programmatic and financial), and documentation
- 2+ years of experience in women entrepreneurship
- Experience in budgeting and donor reporting.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles
- High level of team sprit
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should apply via link below by Jan 16th, 2021
Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.