Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Duty Station: One position Based Aden,
The advertisement: 6th Jan until 15th January 2021
Salary Level: First step
International Medical Corps has maintained a presence in Yemen since 2012, providing lifesaving support to people in need. In 2015, International Medical Corps transitioned its development-focused nutrition and health interventions to a rapid emergency response in order to provide lifesaving health and nutrition support to the people due to the ongoing humanitarian emergency. International Medical Corps so far has expanded its integrated health, nutrition, food security, and WASH activities to the most severely affected governorates in the country.
The position will be based in ADEN and will report to the Nutrition officer and senior. The person will be responsible for managing IMC’s Nutrition team based in Lahij, AL-Dhalee and all Nutrition programming across the field sites and for ensuring implementation of the project in accordance with the IMC set standards and protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Programme Planning, Management and Development:
- Spearhead all CMAM and Infant and Young Child Feeding activities at health facility and community level through, working with health facility staff and CHVs.
- Supportive supervision for CMAM and IYCF activities at health and community level and collecting, compiling the reports on a weekly and Monthly basis.
- Ensuring that health facility and Mobile teams services have adequate nutrition supplies for SAM and MAM
- Assess CMAM and IYCF training gaps for health facility workers and CHVs and recommend the best training to be conducted.
- Support in organizing CMAM and IYCF trainings in both health facility and community level.
- Train the Community health workers/volunteers MUAC screening, CMAM, nutrition and hygiene reporting, enable them effectively deliver Key messages, in a manner that it is easy for the communities to remember, and adopt the practices.
- Working closely with Health and WASH team, nutrition treatment team, to ensure that nutrition messages are intergraded in all Health facilities and outreach activities.
- Work closely with the community and create feedback mechanism path way, that will enable communities to provide feedback to the program and that the program team respond to issues raised by the affected population timely.
- Worked closely with M &E section and collect monthly data and activities reports and ensure proper filing of all project related documentation
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Reporting to: Nutrition officer and senior
directly supervise: Mobile team ,field staff
This position demands a highly organized and dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding environment.
- Diploma degree medicine, dentistry, Nursing, medical assistant or in nutrition/health is required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in administrative work
- Work experience in nutrition/Health programs
- Previous experience working for an international NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
To apply, send your CV to:
Please mention the job title in the subject line of the email.