Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is looking for an MEAL Assistant (national position):
Position: MEAL Assistant (national position)
Location: Aden, Yemen with travels inside Yemen
Contract details: Permanent / Full-time–depending on funding
Duration: A full time position with a probationary period of 3 months
Starting date: ASAP
The Polish Humanitarian Action’s (PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. We provide humanitarian aid in places where humanitarian crises occur. Our support reaches foremost the most vulnerable to their consequences: women, children, elderly, disabled, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs). In our work we honor the principles of: humanitarianism, impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide aid in response to most severe needs, regardless of nationality, race, religion, social standing or views. We do not engage in political or religious disputes, and do not take sides with any actors in a conflict. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
About PAH Yemen Mission
Our Yemen Mission has been officially established since July 2019 and has provided humanitarian assistance to approx. 230,000 beneficiaries in Aden and Lahj Governorates in Yemen, as well as to Yemeni refugees in Djibouti across WASH, Health and Livelihoods projects.
Position reports to: MEAL Specialist.
ROLE PURPOSE The MEAL Assistant will be a part of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team, supporting implementation of the overall MEAL system. S/he will assist the MEAL and project team with activities, including data collection, database management and analysis, implementing post-distribution monitoring (PDM) as well as being the focal point for CFRM for target communities.
The MEAL Assistant will support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability and will manage the CFRM. The MEAL Assistant will work closely with the MEAL Officer to support data entry and management as needed. They will generally support the MEAL team and project team to ensure learning and accountability systems are working effectively in the implementation Ensure consistency within all the programs and practices.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure all projects have M&E plans which are updated on a monthly basis
- Support in collecting data needed for measuring output and outcome indicators and support Program Team with data collection processes if needed.
- Support Program team with conducting assessments as needed, facilitate focus groups and other qualitative data collection exercises.
- Monitor activity implementation progress against objectives and work plans.
- Lead in conducting post-distribution and pot service monitoring with targeted communities
Accountability & compliance
- Conduct field visits, focus group discussions with beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries to receive feedback on PAH project activities.
- Maintain the Complains and feedback received and ensuring a timely and appropriate follow-up if needed.
- Support project field staff to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all affected communities (including women) and that information is shared with affected communities.
- Work closely with field staff to collect data and implement activities to support beneficiary accountability.
- Ensure that all programmes are implemented in accordance with Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Support and work with communities through established institutional structures to enhance capacity, ownership, participation in the project.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
Programme Learning and documentation
- Work with the project teams and communication officer to ensure documentation of programme learning initiatives and outcomes (case studies, photos, lessons learnt, most significant change stories, etc).
- Participate in the documentation and dissemination of this learning to other team members to ensure that good practice is understood, adopted and information exchanged.
- Support in archiving of programs documents at the country offices and field offices.
- Conduct field monitoring visits as appropriate.
- Support officers to review assessment results and identify key areas for improvement.
- Support committees to propose solutions to problems identified, and to implement and assess progress of solutions.
- Support project officers to conduct specific assessments, including training, tool development and roll out etc.
- Support project staff during training by ensuring pre and post-test are done for all trainings and documented
- Support in consolidation of monthly progress reports and share with the MEAL coordinator.
- Work with MEAL project officers to gather information from the field for quarterly reports; ensure that reports explain inconsistencies and deviations from planning.
- Ensure timely submission of high-quality activity and project reports inputs
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities within the overall function of MEAL as and when requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
- A minimum diploma level in Social Science related – Statistics, social work, sociology or equivalent field experience.
- At least 1 and ½ years working with M&E for a recognised NGO.
- Previous relevant experience, such as data collection and analysis, customer service, reporting.
- Demonstrated ability in community mobilization and community-level dialogue.
- Strong skills in excel and other data management software preferably SPSS and STATA.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult circumstances.
- Awareness of child protection issues.
- Planning, organisation and administration skills.
- IT literate with good understanding in MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software.
- Experience in using participatory methodologies in programme implementation, preferably involving children.
- Commitment to and understanding of PAH strategy, vision, mission, values and principles
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
Please submit your application form here including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than Jan 14th 2021.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process before the application end date.