Job Title: HR Coordinator- Yemen Sana’a
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Contract period: 12 months fixed-term contract.
Closing date: 19th January 2021
Salary range: $1700 - $2500 gross - salary is non-negotiable and dependent upon experience.
About Human Appeal
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. Human Appeal has 7 International Field Offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East (Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, Somalia, Turkey, and Yemen). Human Appeal Somalia Field office programme operations are based in Mogadishu, Gedo region and previously Bai region, with programmatic focus in the sectors of; WASH, Shelter, FSL, Education/Child Sponsorship, Protection and Health.
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for an HR Coordinator to be based in our office in Yemen Sana’a. This is a 12 months fixed term contract with a $1700- $2500 monthly gross salary, please note the salary is non-negotiable and dependent upon experience. You will be reporting to Head of Mission in Yemen.
Main Job Purpose
To lead a professional and efficient HR function at local Field Office level, covering all aspects from: project implementation, maintenance of in-house HR systems and personnell files/documentation, managing the recruitment cycle, employee relations and best practice in line with Human Appeal values, health and safety, legislation and audit requirements, in order to ensure delivery of Human Appeal’s HR strategy in Yemen.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Administer starter / leaver processes by managing all documentation requests for interviews, induction, contracts, exit interviews, and equipment in a timely manner to ensure smooth running of the recruitment cycle, delivery of business needs, employee satisfaction and best practice.
- Administer all aspects of employee documentation by submitting changes to employee terms and conditions, maternity, paternity, pensions etc., to ensure employee and employer needs are met.
- Effectively monitor, maintain and update employee personnel data and files including hard copy files, such as training records, holidays, absences, timesheets, appraisals, employee feedback etc. to ensure compliance in line with audits and accurate employee records for internal use.
- Support Hiring Managers to ensure the smooth running of the full recruitment cycle; placing job ads, liaising with recruitment agencies, preparing a shortlist of candidates, arranging interviews, issuing offer letters and employee contracts and undertaking all required pre-employment checks, ensuring all new-starter paperwork is completed.
- Support the HR function at UK Head Office with the development and implementation of projects as required by actively participating in planning and implementing of projects such as Employee conferences, rebranding new systems to contribute to the continued growth of the charity and establish an efficient and lean HR function.
- Manage payroll process by collating monthly Payroll updates, liaising with the Finance department for updates, making necessary benefits/deduction calculations to ensure a smooth Payroll process so that staff are paid correctly and on time.
- Act as a point of contact for incoming queries, signposting to appropriate stakeholders and escalating Employee Relations issues to UK Office where appropriate.
- Maintain own continuing professional development by keeping up to date with legal requirements and relevant HR developments to ensure charity is compliant with changing legislation and responsive to social-economic requirements.
- Manage performance management process.
- Promote good working practices and maintain a professional working environment that delivers excellence and compliance by; maintaining confidentiality of information, compliance and Data Protection, adhering to HA’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy at all times, and adhering at all times to best practice, employment law, global code of conduct, policy and procedure.
- Work closely with line managers on the management of their teams to maximize business performance. The advice given should be practical, sensible and in line with HA’s Employee Relations approach, should be based on a sound knowledge of employment legislation and internal policies, and should enable the manager to achieve their aim whilst being considerate of the emotional and cultural impact on the employee(s) and those around them, and the reputational impact to HA.
- Case manage employee relations activity i.e. absence, grievance, disciplinary etc., from advising managers on the optimal approach, and supporting them through to a successful outcome.
- Manage feedback process to enable greater employee engagement and retention of existing employees; determine and improve feedback process and pass on relevant feedback to respective directors and managers, and identify trends across the organization, turning this into suggested actions/areas for attention.
- Manage and continuously improve the HR functions alongside the UK HR team, and review and implement developments, continuously reviewing and improving manager and employee accessibility to policies and associated guidance
Experience and Technical Competencies
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in HR Department and minimum 3 years’ experience leading a HR department in an NGO either at a manager or coordinator level.
- Ideally Bachelor degree in related discipline such as Human Resources and Business Studies. Master degree will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic. Require knowledge of Yemeni Labour law and HR donor compliance.
- Experience in developing strategies and strengthening systems.
- Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgement and flexibility in a very challenging environment.
- Strong team leadership and conflict resolution skills, adaptability and interest in capacity building.
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments and enforcement of team security protocols is an asset.
- Familiarity with the IASC guidelines for interventions in humanitarian settings.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
Benefits of working with Human Appeal
- A salary 1700 - $2500 gross per month dependent upon experience
- Life and medical insurance is covered- medical insurance also covered for spouse and two children.
- 11% of gross salary for social security contribution
- Transportation and appearance allowance.
Please note this is a local contract, for this role you must have the right to work in Yemen.
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click https://humanappeal.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=6c639c8c-61b5-4024-aeea-c2429805bc49 today to become our HR Coordinator– we would love to hear from you.