Sorry! This job has expired. Sorry! This job has expired.
Deputy Logistics Manager
Location of position: AL TURBAH, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen and is currently operating a base in Al Turbah. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in Taiz governorate and West Coast area.
The position will be based in Al Turbah.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Deputy Logistics Manager supports the Logistics Manager in the implementation and supervision of all logistics activities (in both supply and operational logistics fields) in the base.
S/he supervises the supply management of his/her assigned base in accordance with SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) and donors’ procedures.
S/he participates to the management of vehicle fleet, communication, transport, stock and premises management.
S/He assists with logistical training and is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting SI logistics procedures.
S/He assists the Logistics Manager in the implementation of safety and security rules.
List of main tasks:
Under the direct management of the Logistics Manager, the Deputy Logistics Manager will have the following main responsibilities:
Supervision of the processing of mission orders and implementation of the purchasing process
• Participate to analysis of the purchasing environment at the base level in close collaboration with Logistics Manager
• Take part in selecting suppliers, and negotiating prices, deadlines and delivery modes
• Supervise all procurement activities issued at base level conducted by the Supply team: quotations, IOF validation and processing, bid analysis review, procurement planning before transmission to the Logistics Manager
• Ensure all procurement activities comply with SI and donors’ rules and procedures and inform the Logistics Manager in the event of a problem or delay
• Draft supply/service/work contracts and amendments for Logistics Manager validation
• Ensure IOF, framework contracts and contracts follow-ups are up to date and inform programs of the progress of their orders processing
• Coordinate the regular update of price lists, supplier files as well as documentation in use (import - export, exemption, taxes...)
• Monitor supplier relationships and explain to them our processes.
Vehicle Fleet Management
• Take part /supervise the vehicles and drivers management: movement schedules (Support the monthly and daily cars’ planning and rationalize their use as per the team’s forecasts and the ongoing activities), safety equipment, drivers training, respect of rules and procedures, log books, movement authorizations and tracking..
Telecommunications Equipment Management
• Support the Log Base Manager in identifying IT needs, setting up technical solutions, distribute communication assets, train team and ensure proper functioning of all IT equipment.
• Ensure the procedure for delivery requests/on-site reclamation is efficient and well known
• Make sure the delivery forms are properly filled and understood by all the team
• Make sure that the transportation needs correspond to the program needs, and take part in drafting transport contracts
• Ensure that all documents relating to the transport of goods and equipment are understood and well filled by the team: delivery voucher, packing list, distribution voucher, authorization of transporting the goods etc.
• Identify the strengths and weaknesses of field delivery procedures and share ideas with the Logistics Manager for optimizing the procedures
• Monitor loading/unloading at the delivery site
• Make sure that outgoing truckloads to specific sites/buildings, delivery forms and Out of stock cards for equipment delivered by the technical service correspond
• In charge to identify the needs of daily workers required for the deliveries
• Contribute to the design/size up the warehousing capacity in link with the program needs in collaboration with the Logistics Manager and Radio Op/Storekeeper.
• Supervise Radio Op/Storekeeper and support upon needs in order to ensure proper management of the stocks
Supervising the maintenance and follow up of SI’s premises and infrastructures
• Along with the Log Base Sup, ensure that the premises are well equipped, secured, and that safety standards are as well as functional and properly equipped safe rooms.
• Supervise, check and ensure guarding shifts and management of watchmen that are under the direct responsibility of the Logistician Base Supervisor.
Manage field equipment:
• Make sure that field equipment is in good working order: generators pump motors, etc.
• Schedule regular maintenance of equipment used in the field
• Monitor the use of fuel for field equipment
Human Resources Management
• Participate in the recruitment and induction of national logistics staff
• Support the Log Manager in designing the department’s setup
• With supervision of the Logistics Manager, organize the work of the logistics team, establish their schedule, ensure the daily management and organize regular meeting with the team members
• Conduct regular appraisals of the team under his/her direct management and ensure the regular appraisals of all other team members
• Identify the needs and assist the implementation of trainings and capacity building of the team, under the lead of the Logistics Manager and in coordination with HR department
• Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the Logistics Manager in case of a problem.
• Ensure all staff under his/her the management comply with SI Code of Conduct, security protocols and internal regulation while carrying out all logistics activities
• Ensure proper archiving of key logistics documents and filling system in accordance with SI’s standard procedures
• Prepare and submit weekly update reports on the progress of logistics activities / logistics data collection to the logistics manager
• Co-animate with the Logistics manager in weekly meetings with all team members
• Ensure the collection and compilation of information about the progresses of logistics activities for the consolidation of the monthly logistics pack as well as intermediary and final reports by the logistics manager
• Represent SI on behalf of the logistics manager upon request and collaborate with relevant bodies: local authorities, suppliers, landlords…upon request from the line manager
• Report any issue concerning logistics matters to the Logistics Manager
• Participate in the follow up of the security context and timely inform the Logistics Manager and Field Coordinator about any relevant issue
• Check at least monthly that emergency kits and toolboxes in vehicles and in living accommodation existing and are complete
• Support the implementation of safety measures as determined by Field Co and the coordination team and ensure they are respected by the team
• Pass on any security-related information that could affect the security of the teams or the projects to the logistics manager
The list above is not strictly definitive; an employee working within the framework of these tasks may carry out other tasks if asked to do so by his/her line manager.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Logistics Manager
Line report(s): Logistics Supervisors and Supply Team
Functional manager: -
Functional reports: -
III. Profile Required:
Required Professional Characteristics:
Required Personal Characteristics
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject (soft copy) or on the top of the application envelope (hard copy).
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
Final date for applications: 17th January 2021