Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Health Systems Strengthening in Yemen with a focus on quality health services – HSSP (PN. 18.2137.0-001.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a.
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes.
- Position: Advisor (Quality for Planning of Governorate Areas)
- End of Contract: 31/12/2021
- Post Location: Sana’a
The Advisor is responsible for:
- supporting the project manager and the project coordinator in the overall management of the project.
- carrying out activities of the third output (Quality Planning in Governorates), in close coordination with the project coordinator (Yemen activities) and the project manager (German activities).
- assuring an accurate data collection for monitoring project progress and preparing project reports.
- assisting the project manager and the other advisors in the development of documentation materials to be used for communication, particularly for the introduction of innovations, to a broad target group.
- supporting the project manager and the project coordinator in preparing contracts (within the limit of the project) for short-term consultants.
- prepares with the project manager and the project coordinator all matters related to the preparation of planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- keeps track on the development of Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) manuals, standards or other written materials. Organizes their editing, printing, distribution and DMS storage.
- organizes training workshops in Sana´a, especially but not exclusively, between Germany and Yemen (Akkon University- Yemeni Association YAQH; Akkon University - Ministry of Health Authorities) and in the Regions (annual GHO planning sessions, training of public health officers), and keeps record of the workshops in DMS.
- propose assigned national and international consultants as required.
- provides technical supports to the GHO´s in planning the local subsidy contracts and follows up on their implementation by field visits and other methods.
- ensures with the program coordinator that YAQH members or any other short-term experts under GIZ contract follow QIP methodology.
- assists the program coordinator in the design, follow-up and correct reporting of the contracts of local experts, particularly supporting the organizational development of YAQH.
- supports the other technical advisors in preparing and conducting studies.
- supports the other technical advisors in preparing short-term consultancy contracts.
- ensures that relevant qualitative and quantitative data, especially for project indicators, is correctly gathered, analysed and stored.
- assists the project coordinator to get reliable data and to protocol all incidents (success factors and risk factors) which are relevant for project-progress assessment, through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings or any other means.
- prepares reports (quarterly, annually and ad-hoc).
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- master degree in public health, nursing or any other related specialization in health.
- Documented expertise in quality of medical health education and human resources development.
- minimum of five years of professional working experience quality improvements, including experience in coordinating working teams
- experience in monitoring and evaluation/ health research
- experience in writing technical documents, terms of reference as well as study results
- working experience with GIZ would be an asset.
- excellent communication and negotiation skills
- very good working skills of ICT technologies use (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (MS Office)
- digital literacy
- excellent management and organizational skills
- excellent knowledge of English and Arabic languages, ideally a knowledge of German.
- intercultural skills
- Willingness to travel in Yemen and abroad.
- valid driving license would be an asset
- ability to work under pressure
- willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Please write the full subject line as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject title: Advisor (Quality for Planning of Governorate Areas) - HSSP - applicant name
Please note that only applications mentioning the full title will be considered.
Deadline for receipt applications is: 17.01.2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.