Sorry! This job has expired. Sorry! This job has expired.
Administration Team Leader
Duty Station [Aden -Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
The Administration Team Leader reporting to the Support Services Manager works for both DRC as per operation budget will ensure the existence of an effective and efficient support services in areas of administration, The Administration Team Leader will play a key role in managing all DRC facilities/premises in Aden and south Area Offices by technically line managing the administrative officers and assistances in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise the south administration team ensuring that the team work together to provide a high quality of Support.
• Reviewing, prioritizing and redistributing work where appropriate.
• Responsible for high quality work flow and productivity of direct reports, and adherence to agreed ways of working, providing appropriate management Information as required
• Provide administrative support as required to the team where appropriate in the offices and GHs
• Supervise office space allocations for all staff and short – term visitors.
• Supervise the distribution and management of documents/mail between Country offices and the south.
• Supervise all official DRC South correspondence and other documents, including incoming, outgoing and interoffice circulars
• Supervising the work of Admin team and ensuring all the south premises are running smoothly
• Supervise the south offices having sufficient amount of office supplies, stationary and maintaining record of the office supplies on daily basis
• Supervise offices/GHs cleaners are working properly and that the south offices/GHs environment is neat, clean and looking professional
• Supervise the work of Guest Houses staff and ensuring DRC Guest houses are well equipped with required furniture, laundry services plus maintenance are given when needed
• Supervise the work of Maintenance and ensuring routine maintenance checks are applied on the South Guest houses, offices, wash rooms, kitchens and it works properly.
• Supervise and track the Expats accommodation in the South GHs
• Supervise All DRC South leases contracts (Drafting – Maintaining – Tracking – and Rent payments) and sharing them with the country office.
• Supervise all administrative aspects of general office and housing of the South, including necessary repairs & Maintenance are complete in a timely manner, in coordination with the CO.
• Lease new offices and houses by selecting suitable location and prepare contracts with close collaboration with security focal points.
• Supervise to provide efficient and effective office administration.
• Supervise all the Staff Travels and accommodation in and to the South area • Ensure proper admin process
• Planning, scheduling, and managing office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
• Supervise administrative record keeping and filing systems.
• To support the organization’s services with archiving systems, including paper and electronic, as required.
• Supervise the south support FWAs in coordinating with SC.
• Close coordinating with the CO to make sure the same procedures and polices are applied About you
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Minimum of 3 years of Admin experience (Premises & office management). • Clear understanding of Administrative Procedures.
• Experience in Admin team leadership.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Organized and ability to plan things in advance.
• University degree in Administration, English, IT or relevant section. Languages:
• Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a one-year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Aden with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (G).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close January 17, 2021.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo