Accountability Officer – Sana’a with field visits to all SC operation areas and governorates.
The purpose of this role is to provide essential support to Save the Children’s programs focusing on promoting accountability to beneficiaries with the objective of empowering communities and obtaining feedback on SCI projects leading to improved quality and impact. The incumbent will work very closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Coordinator as well as all concerned project staff and project beneficiaries in establishing accountability mechanisms.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible of strengthening the accountability mechanisms to inform program design and implementation.
- Contribute during proposal writing, ensuring that all planned Actions have clear information sharing an participation strategies.
- Contribute in writing all donor and required internal reports.
- Training and supervising Accountability staff ,community mobilizers, volunteers ,and partners on Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP).
- Make sure that we follow the AAP guidelines as informed by the CHS and SCI Policy.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Make sure that communities are involved and consulted regularly in all projects in the project cycle.
- Ensures that all beneficiaries voices are heard and reflected in management decision making.
- Supervise Feedbacks and the Accountability database and review all reports issued from the CRM system.
- Manage the toll free system.
- Manage databases of information sharing and lead innovation on new mechanisms, tools and channels to improve feedbacks and information sharing.
- Ensure coordination on accountability activities, including the development and use of information materials and the establishment of child friendly accountability tools.
- Attend relevant cluster working groups and proactively participate to represent Save the Children in Accountability related issues.
- Work closely with program and MEAL teams, implementing accountability assessments in the targeted communities according to SC accountability benchmarks and other international standards.
- Supporting the MEAL Assistants to draft standardized and project specific information packs and obtaining feedback.
- Regular field visits to lead community meetings and consultations specifically with children using child friendly mechanisms, channels and tools.
- With the program team ensures Save the children safe programming approach and community engagement.
- Propose regular updates, upgrades and renewal of accountability mechanisms.
- Ensure learning of best practices and cascading them among Yemen program.
- Exchange experiences with other actors through coordination meetings.
- Support the MEAL lead in assessing the capacities of program and MEAL team, and propose affective capacities building activities and implement them.
- Any other relevant tasks.
Educated to university level .
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2 solid years or more hands on experience in accountability (inclusive of information sharing ,leading participation and leading feedback collection.
- Degree in social science or related.
- Fluent in Arabic language and very good knowledge at English.
- Computer literacy of using Word and Excel a plus.
- Good organizational skills, the ability to pay close attention to detail and capable of reporting in a timely manner.
- Very good analytical skills mainly quantitative data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to interact well with people (including children) and proven experience of building strong relationships with community members
- A confident, flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others, a willingness and commitment to work long hours and/or over weekends and to spend considerable amount of time in remote field sites.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI’s aims, values and principles.
- Awareness of international accountability standards including HAP (Humanitarian Accountability Partnership) and a demonstrated commitment to promoting these standards in ways of working and project implementation.
- Experience of working with an international NGO in Yemen region.
- Experience of social work in local communities.
- Experience of effectively communicating findings to internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience in child friendly accountability systems.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”