Field Officer (3)
Position: Field Officer
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duration: Till June 15, 2021, renewable based on fund availability, and performance.
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, Field Officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the efficient and effective implementation of cash distribution project activities in the targeted areas. The Field Officer will oversee coordinating closely with all stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted locations and ensure the appropriate implementation/monitoring of project activities in the field including; day to day documentation, distribution and different field activities reports are prepared in accordance with ADRA policies, agreed donor standard and timely submitted to the relevant parties.
Duties and Responsibilities,
Planning and Start-up Project Activities:
- With support from Field Coordinator he/she participate in the development/implementation of appropriate, timely and participatory planning of project start-up activities at district level.
- Participate in the development/conducting of all project assessments/surveys and M&E studies, tools and systems to ensure tracking of project indicators at all levels (activities, results, objectives and goal)
- Directly engage and oversee beneficiary identification, registration and verification process to ensure the correct procedures are followed based on guidelines and procedures given by the Field Coordinator and Project Manager and relevant documentation is completed in identified geographical areas.
- Form of community committees through close coordination with local council.
- Works closely with the community committees to ensure effective coordination and ensure the most vulnerable people are targeted, guarantee community involvement at all phases of the project
- Ensure basic information on target beneficiaries is collected and recorded and shared with Field Coordinator and Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain clear and up to date records of cash assistance program beneficiaries and activities (beneficiary numbers, locations, contact details, activity progress) including the regular visits to target beneficiaries with other field team members in collaboration with local authorities
- Conduct key informant interviews and focus groups discussions upon request.
Implementation, Monitoring, Reporting, and Recording of Field Work:
- Manage and oversee all project activity implementation in the targeted district and supervise project field team to carry a high-quality implementation and see that deadlines are met.
- provide guidance in related to field activities for community volunteers and work as a mentor and modified the community participation.
- Directly engage in the distribution of cash assistance to beneficiaries and other field activities, and participate in various Post Distribution Monitoring surveys.
- Coordinate with Finance, Logistics and security focal points in field offices for timely distributions in line with policies and procedures.
- Immediately report any risks/challenges or implementation delays the activities to the Field Coordinator
- Ensure transparent implementation of all field-based activities and provides a conduit for suggestions and feedback from the communities to the Field Coordinator and project management.
- Prepare periodical progress reports as requested about achieved activities, challenges and obstacles for remaining activities and suggested solutions and recommendations.
- Contribute and help the MEAL specialist/team to monitoring and evaluating the assigned activities in the field
- Compile the necessary project data and share with relevant staff in a timely manner.
- Document the project, field experiences and reflections, support in analyzing the effectiveness of cash assistance and develop lessons learnt for existing and future program
- Conduct bilateral interviews and/or focus group discussion with beneficiaries in order to identify crosscutting indicators (safety, accessibility, participatory)
- Deal with complaints or issue related to cash distribution through compline and feedback hotline.
- Ensure that ADRA policies and procedures are adhered to adequately and cash response is aligned with technical humanitarian standards and coordinated with other departments and organizations.
- Manage conflicts when they arise and make possible solutions.
Team Leading and Capacity Building of Staff/Targeted Groups:
- Provide capacity building support to community communities, registration staff, distribution staff (and others as requested).
- Ensure the field team understand and check the quality of information collected.
- Organize and coordinate meetings with relevant staff/ volunteers in the targeted district on related issues when required, coordinate travel needs, schedules in the field
Liaison & Coordination:
- Coordinate with the relevant local authorities and communities in the targeted area to conduct the identification, registration, and verifications of beneficiaries.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local partners, local authorities and communities, explaining the nature of the project and liaising with them throughout the project cycle.
- Under the supervisory of Field Coordinator, represent ADRA towards local partners, local government bodies, communities, other humanitarian partners in the targeted district, attend all relevant cluster meetings when requested.
- under the guidance of the Field Coordinator, act as a liaison between communities and ADAR office; maintain good relationships with beneficiaries and local leaders/authorities; and report any identified issues to the Field Coordinator
Other Relevant Duties:
- Comply with ADRA policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, gender mainstreaming, protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the confidentiality and security of data, documents and resources.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University degree in social sciences, /development, finance/economic or other related fields.
- 2-3 years community work experience with NGOs, experience in humanitarian cash-based interventions is preferred.
- Ability to write weekly activity reports and communication pieces.
- Become conversant with the various generic tools such as assessment and survey techniques and questionnaires.
- Excellent interpersonal, good team worker, good listener, high communication skills, good animator and facilitator.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
- Problem solving with ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Good knowledge of the area of intervention.
- Experience in working in the field and in insecure environments.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to remote rural area and work in field sites.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur, proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, knowledge of English is desirable
- Good command of MS Office, compulsory expertise in Excel.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities