Sectional/Unit: Program Department
Contract Duration: 11 month
Duty station: : Al Mukha
Supervisor: Project Manager
Reference: Project Coordinator .21.6
About Generations without Qat Organization:
GWQ is a voluntary non-governmental youth organization was launched in 2007 as an initiative of young Yemeni volunteers with the common goals to involve, guide and invest in development of youth abilities. The initiative started to work on awareness raising around the negative consequences of chewing of Qat (a softdrug) as a bad habit that Yemenis are involved in. Later on this original focus was extended to include the concept of civic education and to work on developmental issues with and by youth to enable them to be leaders in their communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the implementation of all technical aspects of daily project activities, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Operate in coordination with consortium partners to ensure comprehensive project implementation and integration of peacebuilding activities across the programming.
- Serve as a focal point for local partners and consultants, maintaining positive relationships and collecting feedback, including challenges that will form the basis of project evaluation and adjustments to project implementation.
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards, and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Carry out frequent field visits to targeted districts to manage and supervise the project's activities and give feedback and guidance to facilitators and consultants.
- Keep the Project Manager informed on progress achieved and challenges faced throughout project implementation.
- Prepare regular reports and documentation of activities conducted including visual documentation.
- Coordinate and compile Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data, activity results, and documentation with M&E team and Project Manager.
- Maintain regular communication with the logistics department concerning the procurement of supplies.
- Ensure quality filing and reporting systems for project activities, feeding into reports to donors on implementation progress and achieved results.
- Support on the preparation of brochures, and other relevant communication materials concerning the project.
- Provide additional administrative work, as needed and required.
- Commit to implementing the goal of gender equality and maximize the participation and involvement of women and men in all aspects of program implementation.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the community targeted.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures as outlined policies and procedure manuals.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position including extensive fieldwork.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in administrative, organizational, and operational project work.
- Strong experience in coordinating project activities amongst a wide range of stakeholders.
- Previous work with local CSOs, NGOs, and local government structures is highly desirable.
- Strong capacity-building experience with some training experiences.
- Demonstrated reporting skills and the ability to capture results.
- Ability to analyze and present information in a clear manner.
- Good knowledge of the Yemeni conflict context and previous experience working in local contexts in Yemen.
- Knowledge and experience in conflict transformation and peacebuilding is highly desirable.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the country.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, and hard-working.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel).
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including logistics, correspondence, and financial reports.
- Flexible to work under pressure and remote areas.
- Excellent command of Arabic & English language skills requires.
To apply, please visit the following link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible not to wait until the closing date.
Deadline for Applying: 17/01/2021 .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.