Job Title: Operation Manager
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary with stable environment
Contract Type: Fixed Term (with 3-6-month probationary period).
Duration: Till December 2021 (Renewable)
Announcing Date: 11/01/2021
Announcement Closing Date: 23/01/2021
Location: Aden, Yemen
This position is in a well-structured experienced NNGOs. Reporting to the ED, you will be conscientious, with an attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills. Besides you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization and ensuring these are carried out in accordance with agreed policies and processes including internal systems, compliance and safeguarding.
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Responsible for overall warehouse management.
- Monthly Review and Reporting mechanisms for all logistics functions.
- Weekly updates and Monthly Reports to management on all logistical activities.
- Trains logistics and related staff with relevant logistics compliance issues as required by polices of the organization, donors, and legal statutes in order to ensure compliance.
- Reviews the monthly vehicles report and prepares the monthly fleet report with focus in optimum usage (budget considerations taken to account).
- Coordinates the movements and activities of the Drivers.
- Follows-up of the Drivers list of duties, Shift, Logbook, etc.
- Consolidates and shares asset management reports to organization management with his recommendations
- Ensure that the organization standard forms are consistently used, readily available, and completed accurately and electronically by all the organization team.
- Supervises appropriate filing of all orders (national and international) to ensure accurate tracking and documentation for audit purposes.
- Ensures appropriate logistics filing systems are in place and effectively complied to
- Assist in Managing all county office staff transport, ensuring coordination with colleagues, partners, and transport contractors as necessary.
- Participates in regular progress meeting with Logistics staff from the organization and follow up with action points agreed.
- Updating the digital tracking system for weekly/ monthly sharing with Senior Operations Manager. This includes and is not limited to Procurement tracking and reporting mechanism for use by Project Managers and Management
- Training the procurement teams in the use of improved and standardized systems.
- Ensure that the organization standard procurement forms are consistently used, readily available, and completed accurately and electronically by all organization team.
- Assists the ED, with reviewing procurement documentation for approval.
- Prepares the contracts for the selected Suppliers, Vendors and Service providers for review and approval, ensuring adequate warranties and retention terms are included.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities):
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (business administration).
- At least 5 years of extensive experience in INGOs.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fully aware of operations systems and procedures used in INGOs that fulfils donors’ regulations.
- Computer literate or experience, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet uses with good numerical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Detail-oriented and good record keeper
- Good numerical skills
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude