Job Vacancy - Liaison Officer
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSFH is pleased to announce the following position based in Taiz-City:
Name: LIAISON OFFICER
Name: Liaison Officer
Report to: Project Coordinator
Report to functional: Project Coordinator
Location: Taiz City, Yemen
Give support to PC and project operations team in maintaining official contacts, obtaining working/travel/cargo permits, and support in the general operations of the project in order to ensure the smooth running of MSF activities.
- Together with the PC Support, ensure that all project documents have been applied for and obtained on time according to needs, and keep information on legal, administrative proceduresEstablish and maintain professional contacts with relevant authorities, depending on the context and the needs of the project.
- Arrange meetings with key interlocutors for the Project Coordinator as well as attend them.
- Keep a complete and updated detailed list of all useful contacts in the project with names, telephones, addresses and other relevant details.
- Ensure, together with the Project Management Team that all MSF activities are running lawfully and in agreement with the Memorandum of Understanding in all administrative or customs related issues and inform about any possible risks or problems.
- Ensure that no illegal money is paid to any authorities or any individual, promoting and sharing MSF principles and values at all levels.
- Keep all documentation and files updated, properly filed and easily accessible for the internal users.
- Staff are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours.
- Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
- Support the project Community Engagement strategy by building and maintaining a network of contacts at community level in order to promote MSF acceptance among the community as well as context awareness
- Support in the management of actor and geo-mapping tools (e.g. Google Earth)
- Contribute to context and security analysis by providing the Project Coordinator and PC Support with regular updates and monitoring local media
- Assist with the regular update of security/ context/ humanitarian logbooks
- Ensure the smooth running of all Project Coordination Dept. functions by covering the PC Support tasks in his absence
Secondary education essential. Administration or communication related studies desirable.
Essential previous experience of at least one year in related relevant positions, in MSF or other NGOs.
Essential: Arabic and English
Essential: computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Stress management
All interested applicants should submit the following documents in Word/ PDF format only via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV + Motivation Letter in English in
- Scan of university degree, if applicable.
- Scan of experience certificate.
- Scan of Yemeni national ID.
- Applicants must put “LIAISON OFFICER” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.
- Please note that applications missing any of the above documents WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted! If you do not hear from us within 1 month after the vacancy closing date, you may consider that you have not been shortlisted for this position.
- Deadline for the submission of Applications is 5:00 PM on 20/01/2021.
“MSF does not charge fees or accept any money during the entire recruitment process.”