Sectional/Unit: Program Department
Contract Duration: 10 month
Duty station: Al Mukha
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Reference: Filed Assistant .21.5
About Generations without Qat Organization:
GWQ is a voluntary non-governmental youth organization was launched in 2007 as an initiative of young Yemeni volunteers with the common goals to involve, guide and invest in development of youth abilities. The initiative started to work on awareness raising around the negative consequences of chewing of Qat (a softdrug) as a bad habit that Yemenis are involved in. Later on this original focus was extended to include the concept of civic education and to work on developmental issues with and by youth to enable them to be leaders in their communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support from Field Coordinator he/she participates in the development/implementation of appropriate, timely and participatory planning of project start-up activities at district level.
- Directly engage and oversee of beneficiary identification, registration and verification process to ensure the correct procedures are followed based on guidelines and procedures given by the Field Coordinator and Project Manager and relevant documentation is completed in identified geographical areas.
- Form of community committees through close coordination with local council.
- Work closely with the community committees to ensure effective coordination and ensure the most vulnerable people are targeted, guarantee community involvement at all phases of the project
- Ensure basic information on target beneficiaries is collected, recorded and shared with Field Coordinator and Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain clear and up to date records of assistance program beneficiaries and activities (beneficiary numbers, locations, contact details, activity progress) including the regular visits to target beneficiaries with other field team members in collaboration with local authorities
- Conduct key informant interviews and focus groups discussions upon request.
- Manage and oversee all project activity implementation in the targeted district and supervise project field team to carry a high-quality implementation and see that deadlines are met.
- provide guidance in related to field activities for community volunteers and work as a mentor and modified the community participation.
- Directly engage in the distribution of cash assistance to beneficiaries and other field activities, and participate in various Post Distribution Monitoring surveys.
- Coordinate with Finance, Logistics and security focal points in field offices for timely distributions in line with policies and procedures.
- Immediately report any risks/challenges or implementation delays the activities to the Field Coordinator
- Ensure transparent implementation of all field-based activities and provides a conduit for suggestions and feedback from the communities to the Field Coordinator and project management.
- Prepare monthly progress reports as requested about achieved activities, challenges and obstacles for remaining activities and suggested solutions and recommendations.
- Contribute and help the MEAL specialist/team to monitoring and evaluating the assigned activities in the field
- Compile the necessary project data and share with relevant staff in a timely manner.
- Conduct bilateral interviews and/or focus group discussion with beneficiaries in order to identify crosscutting indicators (safety, accessibility, participatory)
- Ensure that GWQ policies and procedures are adhered to adequately and cash response is aligned with technical humanitarian standards and coordinated with other departments and organizations.
- Manage conflicts when they arise and make possible solutions.
- Coordinate with the relevant local authorities and communities in the targeted area to conduct the identification, registration, and verifications of beneficiaries.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local partners, local authorities and communities, explaining the nature of the project and liaising with them throughout the project cycle.
- Under the guidance of the Field Coordinator, act as a liaison between communities and GWQ office; maintain good relationships with beneficiaries and local leaders/authorities; and report any identified issues to the Field Coordinator.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
- University degree in social sciences, /development, finance/economic or other related fields.
- 2-3 years community work experience with NGOs, experience in humanitarian interventions is preferred.
- Ability to write weekly & monthly activity reports and communication pieces.
- Become conversant with the various generic tools such as assessment and survey techniques and questionnaires.
- Excellent interpersonal, good team worker, good listener, high communication skills, good animator and facilitator.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
- Problem solving with ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Good knowledge of the area of intervention.
- Experience in working in the field and in insecure environments.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to remote rural area and work in field sites.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur, proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, knowledge of English is desirable
- Good command of MS Office, compulsory expertise in Excel.
To apply, please visit the following link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible not to wait until the closing date.
Deadline for Applying: 17/01/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.