Sectional/Unit: Program Department
Contract Duration: 11 month
Duty station: Al Mukha
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Reference: Data Entry .21.4
About Generations without Qat Organization:
GWQ is a voluntary non-governmental youth organization was launched in 2007 as an initiative of young Yemeni volunteers with the common goals to involve, guide and invest in development of youth abilities. The initiative started to work on awareness raising around the negative consequences of chewing of Qat (a softdrug) as a bad habit that Yemenis are involved in. Later on this original focus was extended to include the concept of civic education and to work on developmental issues with and by youth to enable them to be leaders in their communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishing data bases properly based on the needed information and preparing and sorting documents for data entry.
- Entering data into database software precisely and ensure the accuracy of information and prevent duplication.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan.
- Responding to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to authorized staff.
- Compile and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review, verify data and make corrections where necessary.
- Generate regular reports, store completed work in designated locations.
- Scan documents and print files, when required.
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to GWQ and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and not to disclose any information acquire by performing her/his duties.
- Comply with GWQ policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in information Technology or any other related field.
- Two years of relevant work experience.
- Native Arabic, fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Proficient typing skills, computer skills and a knowledge of relevant software packages.
- Organizational abilities and previous experience of working with NGOs.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and structured way of approaching task;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment.
- Practical and problem-solver;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
To apply, please visit the following link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible not to wait until the closing date.
Deadline for Applying: 17/01/2021 .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.