The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
Job holders at this level typically have independent responsibility for technical, specialized work including planning, organization and coordination, and setting objectives. They deal with issues that are often undefined and involve areas of uncertainty and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holders consistently demonstrate a high degree of responsibility and initiative to independently manage warehouse activities and respond to queries. Job holders have the technical expertise and knowledge required to develop standard operating procedures and processes in order to continually improve the level of services. They are expected to motivate and develop a large team(s) of warehouse staff in one or several warehouses and take responsibility for the full service delivery
To manage a full range of warehouse(s) activities including safeguarding of commodities and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Part 1)
- Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
- Contribute to review of WFP corporate warehouse standards and procedures, to support efficiency and changing business needs.
- Oversee and coordinate the receipt/dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and WFP standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
- Supervise preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following WFP established procedures.
- Review on periodic basis warehouse space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse services.
- Identify training needs and efficiently plan trainings, to ensure that all staff have required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
- Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Part 2)
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Manage a team(s) of staff providing technical advice, coaching, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Participate in logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Secondary school education supplemented by a post-secondary certificate or supplementary course(s) in logistics, business administration, statistics, finance, computer science or any other relevant field;
Experience: Six years of progressively responsible experience in the relevant area. Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications, particularly MS Office operating systems.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English & Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience coordinating with transportation providers and third parties.
• Experience leading a team of national staff.
• Experience assisting in project management.
• Experience in preparing and managing budgets.
1. Interview Opening question
2. Technical Question 1
3. Competency Question 1
4. Competency Question 2
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please go to the link associated to the VA you want to apply to
Link For Non-WFP candidates: Click here
Link for WFP Staff: Click here
1.Create your online CV
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account (if you do not already have one)