Position: Procurement Officer
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the Direct supervision of the Senior Operations Manager, the Procurement Officer provides support the Senior Operations Manager to ensure effective and efficient procurement management across ADRA Yemen and building the capacity to address the high procurement demands of the current operations.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Executes procurement according to Procurement Plan deadlines and related budgets
- Works in collaboration with Project Procurement teams to support their procurement needs providing guidance under the direction of the Senior Operations Manager
- Ensures adherence to Procurement Policies
- Executes all the assignments and tasks required by the Senior Operations Coordinator
- Tracks and executes the all the outstanding payments to ensure timely procurement completion.
- Assists the Senior Operation Coordinator, with the solicitation of quotations for goods and services from the approved vendor list
- Compiles and verifies all the offers and prepares a quotation analysis.
- Assists the Senior Operations Manager, with reviewing procurement documentation for approval.
- Ensure regular market survey is conducted and report submitted to the Senior Operations Manager to inform management decisions in project planning/ budgeting
- Follows-up the selected Suppliers, Vendors and Service providers in their work submissions and enforces contractual terms.
- Submit Payments to the finance department in accordance with the procurement and finance policies.
- Prepares and ensures all the related procurement forms are duly completed in a timely manner.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum BA degree in Business Administration, preferably in procurement or related field, with demonstrated experience in administration.
- At least 3 years’ experience in procurement management, preferably in INGOs and related area.
- Solid knowledge of best practices in Procurement and administration.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in both languages English and Arabic.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work well under pressure and be pro-active.
- High level of Honesty and integrity
- Very good computer skills; MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) – Advanced.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities