Position: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the Direct supervision of the , the provides support to all departments and projects to ensure effective and efficient logistics management and procurement reporting across ADRA Yemen.
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Responsible for overall warehouse management.
- Monthly Review and Reporting mechanisms for all logistics functions.
- Weekly updates and Monthly Reports to Senior Operations Manager on all logistical activities.
- Trains logistics and related staff with relevant logistics compliance issues as required by polices of ADRA, donors, and legal statutes in order to ensure compliance.
- Reviews the monthly vehicles report and prepares the monthly fleet report with focus in optimum usage (budget considerations taken to account).
- Coordinates the movements and activities of the Drivers.
- Follows-up of the Drivers list of duties, Shift, Logbook, etc.
- Consolidates and shares asset management reports to senior Operations Manager with his recommendations
- Ensure that the ADRA standard forms are consistently used, readily available, and completed accurately and electronically by all ADRA team.
- Supervises appropriate filing of all orders (national and international) to ensure accurate tracking and documentation for audit purposes.
- Ensures appropriate logistics filing systems are in place and effectively complied to
- Assist in Managing all county office staff transport, ensuring coordination with colleagues, partners, and transport contractors as necessary.
- Participates in regular progress meeting with Logistics staff from ADRA and follow up with action points agreed.
- Updating the digital tracking system for weekly/ monthly sharing with Senior Operations Manager. This includes and is not limited to Procurement tracking and reporting mechanism for use by Project Managers and Management
- Training the procurement teams in the use of improved and standardized systems.
- Ensure that the ADRA standard procurement forms are consistently used, readily available, and completed accurately and electronically by all ADRA team.
- Assists the Senior Operations Manager, with reviewing procurement documentation for approval.
- Prepares the contracts for the selected Suppliers, Vendors and Service providers for review and approval, ensuring adequate warranties and retention terms are included.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum BA degree in Business Administration, preferably in Operations Management or related fields, with demonstrated experience in logistics/Procurement and administration.
- At least 4 years’ experience in operations management, preferably in INGOs and related area.
- Solid knowledge of best practices in Procurement and Logistics administration.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in both languages English and Arabic.
- Ability to priorities workload, work well under pressure and be pro-active.
- Ability to build both internal and external relationships.
- High level of Honesty and integrity
- Very good computer skills; MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) – Advanced.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities