Position: ICT Administrator
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the Direct supervision of the Senior Operations Manager, the ICT Administrator provides expert support to the Main Office and all Projects in improving the ICT Infrastructure to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of adequate systems for an effective operations management.
The ICT Administrator will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all ICT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, and software applications.
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions, and file maintenance.
- Perform and ensure regular onsite and off-site backup of all agency data.
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Coordinate ICT staff, including participation in hiring, training, evaluation and guidance.
- Develop the ICT staff to meet the changing needs of users, offices, new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to other staff.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Manage the resource usage aspects of the ICT Section, including acquisition recommendations, budgeting, and budget review.
- Responsible for compliance with ADRA regulations and is the point of contact for external ICT verifications.
- Responsible for providing and monitoring and oversight of daily, monthly, and quarterly reports to direct supervisor.
- Develop and implement all ICT policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment, coordinating with HR and Security departments on software solutions
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve complex hardware problems on
bank computer systems; perform advanced hardware repairs, maintenance, technical assistance, and support on a range of PC computers and peripherals.
- Provide troubleshooting support for escalated software and hardware problems. Coordinate vendor assistance when required.
- Install and maintain desktop computer hardware; including computers, monitors, printers, modems, internal cards, and other computer equipment.
- Respond to after-hours system problem calls. Travel to field offices as needed.
- Review, prioritize, and process problem reports; document the progress of projects.
- Provide Strategic Planning information to Senior Management.
- ICT Team Leader for Disaster Recovery.
- Review existing and compose new policies as needed, subject to review by Administrative Committee.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum BA degree in ICT, Computer science, information Systems or any related field.
- Applicable professional qualification, such as Microsoft, or Cisco certification is preferable.
- At least 3 years’ experience in ICT Administration, preferably in INGOs and related area.
- Extensive experience with ICT systems, networks, and related technologies.
- Solid knowledge of best practices in ICT administration and system security.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in both languages English and Arabic.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work well under pressure and be pro-active.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities