Senior HR & Administration Officer
- Company: IRC
- Location: Sana'a
- Posted On: 23 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 16 Dec 2018
LOCATION: Sanaa, Yemen.
Contract period :- One year
BACKGROUND: IRC begun work in Yemen in 2012. Since IRC established it’s presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just a implementing small projects to handling large scale emergency and reliefe operation. Following the war which broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster which was created by the same, IRC lauched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwa and Aldhalee. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen and Sanaa and Hodeidah in the North.
SCOPE OF WORK: Under the Supervision of the HR Manager, the Senior HR Administration Officer is responsible in ensuring the efficient and effective HR Administration services to Staff, visitors and management.. He/she will provide human resource support in administration of Service Contracts, staff development and training, staff travel processing and documentation, Office Guest House Management, leave management and supervision of direct supervisees.
WORKING RELATIONS: The successful candidate is expected to support staff in accessing HR Admin services. He / she will work closely with all staff and support in ensuring the efficient and effective planning, management and delivery of HR Administration functions.
Service Contract / Consultancy administration:
- Maintain an oversight on contract periods and initiates discussion on extension review through line managers.
- Supports preparation of pay actions that need approval for payroll implementation including pay increments, allowances e.t.c.
- Preparation of offer letters and contracts for new staff.
- Engagement of consultancies by reviewing TOR’s, Hire requests, Justifications/Memo, adverts.
- Ensuring all documentation is done for hiring of any consultancy
- Preparing consultancy contracts upon receiving the approved requisition
- Sending out introduction of newly recruited consultants
- Advise consultants on submission of invoice, timesheets & other necessary documents
- Ensuring all consultancy payment requisitions are done on a timely manner
Staff development & Training
- Support inn coordination of staff trainings in accordance with the Learning and Development Plan; monitor and track all IRC sponsored trainings. Support staff learning by creating innovative ways of encouraging on line learning for all staff.
- Coordinate training courses for employees as required.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and ensure the implementation of these policies.
- First focal point for all national and international staff movement in and out the country.
- Send PMRs for UNHAS for flight bookings, and send all information to staff travelling share the monthly flight schedule for the CMT.
- Coordinate the staff transit in Djibouti either with NRC or in hotel (accommodation and pick up).
- Process the month end clearance for the UNHAS payment and provide all supporting documents.
- Follow up on the visa applications for all staff visitors and make sure the approval are obtained on time.
- Coordinate the pre arrival requirements for all international staff/visitors and communicate with them.
- Maintain and update all international visa tracker, leave tracker, and Time Sheets submissions.
- Process quarterly payment for the lease, and make sure the PR and contract are raised on time and filed properly.
- Process the quarterly payment for the legal services providers.
- Make sure the utilities payment are processed and tracking sheets are maintained and updated.
- Overall management of office supplies, raise PRs requesting goods for office/GH use.
- Ensure all PRs for office /GH purpose are properly filled.
- Updating the timesheet tracking schedule on a monthly basis and sharing it with the HR Manager via the share drive.
- Verification of leave prior to approval and updating the leave tracker for all staff.
- Custodian of leave application forms
- Manage the use of leave by staff to prevent undue levels of accruals
- Updating of the leave data base and tracking leave balance for all staff on monthly basis
- In liaison with the HR Admin assistant maintain and ensure an accessible, central filing system; ensure orderly archiving of official human resource documents.
- Updating the Service contract tracking.
- Directly supervise the HR Admin Assistant, Liasion Assistant and Cleaners and ensure all work duties are performed satisfactorily.
- Make sure the team submits the TD on time, manage their leaves, carry out the objective setting and the evaluation process.
- Perform other work related duties as required by the supervisor
- Ensure all HR Admin weekly, monthly and adhoc reports are prepared and consolidated for management use as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Business Administration or related discipline. Additional professional qualifications in HR is key in delivering in this role
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar positions , supporting similar country programs in conflict and post conflict situations
- INGO/non-profit experience is strongly preferred
- Strong HR Systematic and good administrative skills, appropriate HR background and experience
- Experience with database management including leave tracking
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, train and coach a team;
- Strong computer skills, Windows, MS office programs, internet/email;
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and have the ability and interest to identify and work with a multi-cultural team;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and maintaining professional grace under pressure
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Interested candidates should send their application letters along with resumes to email@example.com no later than 16th March 2018 with the subject being Senior HR Admin Officer Sanaa
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please apply immediately as we will be interviewing suitable candidates before the closing date.