Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
- Company: Pragma/USAID
- Location: Sana’a/Aden/Mukalla
- Posted On: 08 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 11 Dec 2018
About the Organization
The Pragma Corporation (Pragma) is an international development firm headquartered in the Washington DC area. With more than a quarter century of development experience in 75 countries, involving more than 600 projects, we provide expert technical and management consulting services to such donor organizations as the United States Agency for International Development, the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank. Our areas of specialization include Small and Medium Enterprise Development; Accounting Reform, Training, and Examination; Regulatory Reform and Business Environment Improvement; Agribusiness Development; Capital and Financial Market Development; WTO Accession; Customs Reform and Cross-Border Trade; and Regional Trade Promotion.
16 months from early March 2018 to July 31,2019
Yemen Economic Stabilization and Success Program
The Yemen Economic Stabilization and Success program is an 18-month technical assistance and training support program aimed at increasing SME competitiveness, creating sustainable jobs, improving livelihoods, and reducing barriers to trade in Yemen.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning serves as a management tool to ensure that program activities are designed, implemented, and evaluated in a manner consistent with optimal outcomes/impact. This recruitment is for MEL Specialists in Aden, Mukalla and Sana’a.
The MEL Specialists will be engaged as subject matter experts with demonstrated familiarity with M&E strategies, tools, procedures, and requirements. The candidate is required to have knowledge of different data collection methodologies, field research experience in monitoring program/project activities, analyzing data for accuracy, experience with gender sensitive approaches to data collection, and other related monitoring and performance experience.
Scope of Work
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect monitoring data for all program events and indicators in assigned geographic area
- Coordinate with project staff to identify and create success stories
- Verification of performance data
- Work with the Program team to implement a sampling plan for verification and monitoring activities on a quarterly basis
- Maintain documentation/information system for performance indicators, including data collection forms, monitoring reports, hard copies of verification documentation, etc.
- Observation of program events and workshops
- Coordination with other MEG team members
- Provide inputs to periodic performance reports
- Conduct data quality assessments according to Program’s data quality standards (integrity, validity, timeliness, precision, verifiability, reliability) using the Program’s data quality checklist and action tracker
- Other tasks, as assigned by supervisor, to ensure efficiency the Project’s work plan and MEL plan implementation
- Experience using data collection instruments, data collection/reporting protocols, and verification/quality assurance procedures
- Solid background in monitoring and evaluation procedures and requirements
- Ability to clearly and consistently organize, manage and present data to various audiences
- Ability to write comprehensive and routine reports for various target audiences.
- Strong data analysis and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with teams of varying skills in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to draw science-based conclusions and make recommendations based on research and findings.
- Knowledge management, database design, knowledge of software packages commonly used for data analysis (SAS, STATA and/or SPSS), preferred
- Knowledge of qualitative analysis software (NVIVO, etc.) and GIS systems (ArcGIS, Q-GIS, etc.), preferred
- Strong facilitation, teaching, and coaching skills related to M&E
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Science, International development, or a related field and at least 3 years experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and at least 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail with high sense of facts-based analysis and adaptability with contexts
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong English skills
Pragma offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
It is important to follow the instructions below in order to be consdiered for this position
Please send a copy of your CV to the following email: MELSpecialistYemen@gmail.com
You will have to INDICATE the CITY you are applying for in the Email Subject like this:
"MEL Specialist - Sana'a" Or "MEL Specialist - Aden" Or "MEL Specialist - Mukalla"
If you want to be considered for any city and you are willing to re-locate, please write the following in your Email Subject:
"MEL Specialist - Sana'a, Or Aden, Or Muakalla"
- Candidates who do not follow the instructions above will NOT be considered for this job and their messages will not be checked.
- Please read the requirements above and make sure you meet them before you apply.
- Only applicants meeting the requirements will be considered.