- Company: Save The Children
- Location: Sana’a
- Posted On: 05 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 06 Dec 2018
Guard is a watchman who is tasked to guard the security of the office building/compound, guest house, warehouse or other SC properties and their contents and in particular the occupants. The primary role is to counter the threats of theft of property, looting, armed attack and unlawful entry into the compound. Other main responsibilities include to warn all SC staff of any such incidents and to guard against and react to incidents involving fire or other health and safety threats that may arise.
Key areas of accountability:
- To control access of people to the SC Compound.
- To ensure all personnel accessing compound have been checked as per access control procedures.
- Document control and keeping on file copy of all documents for goods waypill or stock released.
- To maintain a record of all staff and visitors inside the compound at any given time.
- To reduce the likelihood of an attack on the SC compounds or personnel through physical Deterrence.
- To regularly patrol the interior and exterior (where possible) of the compound paying particular attention to suspect packages/objects/vehicles in the vicinity, areas overgrown by vegetation or areas of un-cleared litter/debris.
- To identify and report any faulty/inadequate compound lighting.
- To inspect perimeter defenses such as gates (checking they are still locked and not tampered with), fences (are still in tact and not cut or otherwise damaged), barbed wire (is adequate to serve its purpose and has not be tampered with).
- To reduce the impact of any attack carried out against the SC compound through warning compound occupants, calling for assistance and helping with evacuation or other reaction as required.
- To act as fire wardens for the SC compound.
- Operate sureveillence cameras system, intrusion alarm or any other systems installed in site as an end user. Report system faults immediatelky to supervisor.
- To prevent the theft of SC property.
- To conduct other duties such a fueling generators and keeping them running, checking internal building security (doors locked and not tampered with etc) as required.
- To receive and screen deliveries of mail/packages and other items and distribute if not suspicious.
- To remain in post until a proper handover has been completed with his/her replacement.
- High school degree.
- Physical fitness, and between ages of 21 – 45 years old.
- Provide criminal record certificate, clear from any prior convictions of capital offenses or crimes of trust betrayal, financial embezzlement or any of sort.
- Provide customary identification referenced from well known community dignity.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Proven work experience as a security guard or relevant position.
- Basic knowledge in English language.
- Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment.
If you are interested please send your application to Amran.email@example.com
Please mention the job title and location in the subject box .
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.