- Company: MDM
- Location: Ibb
- Posted On: 01 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 07 Dec 2018
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those
whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Location: Ibb Governorate (Based in Yareem District).
Reporting to: GP Female (Team leader).
Supervisory team: Maternity staffs (including all MoH and non MoH staffs).
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Midwife), based in Yareem-Ibb, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the GP Female (Team leader), the Midwife will be responsible to ensure quality midwifery care and is provided to all the patients on a 24hours/7days basis who come to MDM supported HF/maternity, ensuring provision of immediate and proper referral if needed (i.e. EmONC cases). The midwife will work on rotational basis with other MDM midwifes and will be responsible to organize, supervise and support the entire HF Maternity staffs, under the following main activities:
- Providing technical support to health facility (HF) midwifery / maternity staffs.
- Supervise the HF midwifery/ maternity staffs to perform daily activities.
- Collection and computerization of daily/weekly/monthly maternity data.
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings, including with relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise the management of MDM medical/non-medical stock donated to the HF/maternity ensuring no stockouts of essential drugs and medical materials in the maternity.
Providing technical support to health facility (HF) midwifery/maternity staffs.
- Provide guidance to HF midwives on all SRH services including basic obstetric care
- Train the maternity staff on the use of national SRH protocols, display them at the maternity and ensure their proper use at all times.
- Implement regular on the job trainings (OJT) and support supervision according to a weekly/monthly schedule to ensure maternity staffs adhere to proper midwifery skills according to protocols in use.
- Train and follow maternity staff on MdM referral protocols to ensure appropriate case management and referral for all EmONC cases.
- Be able to provide midwifery services (SRH consultations and delivery services) when needed in the maternity as a part of on the job training and technical support.
- Support the prompt provision/management of GBV survivors in adherence to the appropriate protocols and guideline (WHO/MDM guidelines), ensuring proper referrals of GBV survivors.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected by all maternity staffs and treat all the patients with respect and dignity.
- Provide the maternity staff with the necessary data collection tools and ensure that they are fully conversant with these tools on timely basis (weekly/monthly).
- Perform proper trainings on data collection tools to ensure accurate collection and analysis of maternity data.
- Investigate any information regarding unusual events in the maternity (i.e. mismanagement) and report accordingly, with the collaboration of the HF supervisor define appropriate responses/actions.
Supervise the HF midwifery/maternity staffs to perform daily activities
- Supervise the provision of maternity services, ensuring adherence to clinical protocols as outlined by national, MdM and international standards
- Ensure all maternity staffs adhere to their allocated work schedules including close monitoring of the attendance sheets and the performance of each maternity MoH staff, reporting and follow up of staff absences for appropriate responses/actions
- Ensure with collaboration of the maternity staffs that all the necessary drugs/materials are available in the maternity.
- Supervise drugs stock management in the maternity under her supervision and regularly monitor, evaluate and reinforce the rational use of drugs/medicines by maternity staffs in her supervised health facilities ensuring no stockouts of essential drugs and medical materials in the maternity.
- Supervise maternity staffs and services ensuring quality assurance, hygiene procedures and medical waste management standards and protocols are adhered to).
- Coordinate with both the MDM HF supervisor and hospital management teams (HMT), in case of any staff absence to have a replacer provided by the DHO to cover and prevent any gaps in service provision.
- Ensure that the maternity staffs provide main messages on health education for the following topics : post-natal care, family planning, immunization, good breastfeeding and weaning practices to all women received in the maternity.
Collection and computerization of daily/ weekly / monthly maternity data
- Provide the maternity staffs with all the necessary data collection tools on timely basis (weekly/monthly).and ensure that they are fully conversant with these tools
- Perform proper trainings on data collection tools to ensure accurate collection.
- Monitor the drug consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform the health facility supervisor in case of any unusual consumption.
- Collection and analysis of all maternity data related to the health facilities under her supervision and submission of the report to the HF supervisor
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in the maternity activities by using monitoring and supervision tools.
- Revise and approve on daily basis the hospital claims per each patient. Keep good hard and soft filing system so finance team can proceed with payments to the hospital with no delay.
Reporting and attendance to different meetings, including with relevant stakeholders
- Prepare compile and submit weekly/monthly maternity activities report to the health facility supervisor for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports.
- Compile maternity drug consumption per month for the health facility under her supervision.
- Provide to the MDM HR department all the required staffs attendance and performance supporting documents on weekly/monthly basis to support the payment of the MOH maternity staff’s incentive.
- Participate in HF internal meetings to represent and share information related to the daily running of the maternity under her supervision.
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Establish good relationship with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of MdM project.
- Be flexible in performing her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services.
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the area of intervention.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the MDM health facility supervisor, medical coordinator and coordination team.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Diploma in Midwifery from a recognized institution.
- Public health / community health especially sexual and reproductive health is asset.
- Worked as a midwife in a recognized Health Facility for at least 2 years.
- In community health and public health (mainly primary health care).
- Experience in monitoring and training midwifes
- Experience in report writing
- Experience in using Microsoft office applications (e.g. Word, excel and PowerPoint)
Skills and qualities required
- Leadership Skills and attention to details.
- Active listening skills
- Ability to adapt to the context (flexible in performing his/her duties).
- Openness : knowing one’s limits and being capable of seeking information from others (opinion of experts, reference works, etc.).
- Good mentorship skills
- Good relations with people and a taste for contact, a liking for work in a team.
- Basic skills with word, excel and other special software.
- Ability and experience in monitoring and training medical and paramedical worker
- Fluent in Arabic.
- Basic skills in English is a plus
- Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) by email: email@example.com
- End of submission: Wednesday, 7th of Mar., 2018.
Thanks to note that only the persons who will be seen on tests/interviews will be contacted.