- Company: MDM
- Location: Ibb
- Posted On: 01 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 07 Dec 2018
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Location: Ibb Governorate (Based in Yareem District).
Reporting to: Field Manager
Coordination team: (Admin/Log Officer – Medical Coordinator)
Supervisory team: Pharmacist, Medical Doctor, Health Education Assistant, Mental Health Worker)
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Medical Superviosr), based in Ibb Governorate, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Medical Coordinator, the Medical Supervisor will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Providing technical support to health facility (HF) medical and paramedics staff in collaboration with the GPs and the Nurse-PHCCs supervisor through regular field visits to the district and maintaining daily communication and follow up of team’s activities.
- Direct management of the GPs and Nurse-PHCCs supervisor team members.
- Communicating with different stakeholders and following up program related issues
- Analysis of health and pharmaceutical data received from the GPs and Nurse-PHCCs supervisor team members.
- Developing coherent project implementation strategy.
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings both internally and externally.
Providing technical support to GPs and the Nurse-PHCCs supervisor team members through regular field visits to the district and maintaining daily communication and follow up of team’s activities
- Train supervision team on medical protocols including hygiene protocols.
- Ensure use and respect of medical protocols through observation and supervision of the staff.
- Plan and implement thematic capacity building or specific on job trainings according to the identified needs for the supervision team (GPs and Nurse) / health facility staff.
- Organize the weekly schedule of the supervision team to ensure the smooth running of the activities.
- Provide strong leadership to medical and paramedics’ staff of the supervision team to ensure that they respect their assigned tasks and understand and work according to MDM principles.
Direct management of the GPs and the Nurse-PHCCs supervisor team members
- Recruitment of new staff for the supervision team of the supported health facility.
- Performing the annual appraisals, and the probationary period assessments for GPs and Nurse-PHCCs supervisor team members.
- Validation of all mission requests/ purchase requests issued by the team, and other related admin/ logistical documents.
- Assessing the quality of all medical, and non-medical purchases related to the health facility support activity in Ibb governorate.
Communicating with different stakeholders and following up program related issues
- Organize and hold stakeholder’s regular meetings, follow up action and give timely feedback to both the medical and coordination teams.
- Take lead in internal communications between the program and the operation departments on issues involving authorities and external partners.
- Liaise and follow-up with DHOs, GHOs, and their focal points on different program related issues and provide regular updates of the same to the MDM team.
- Ensure always to have the updated demographical and population data sources.
- Coordinate with GHO/ DHO for joint assessment visits either for a new location or to assess an ongoing activity or any outbreak investigations.
- Coordinate meetings between the MDM program team and the different stakeholders.
- Update and select the officials representing different stakeholders to be invited to participate in the different types of trainings/ meetings provided by MDM program team to community health volunteers or health workers in targeted districts.
Analysis of health & pharmaceutical data
- Provide the GPs and Nurse-PHCCs supervisor team members with the necessary data collection tools and ensure that they are fully conversant with these tools.
- Perform proper trainings on data collection tools to ensure accurate collection and analysis of HF data.
- Modify and update the data collection tools to be in line with MDM's Monitool and performs regular data entries and analysis ensuring Monitool database is up to date.
- Analysing, Realization and filtration of the HFs data before entering to the Monitool.
- Monitor the drug consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform the pharmacy team/ medical coordinator in case of any unusual consumption.
- Support the district-based supervisor in regular monitoring, evaluation and reinforcement of the rational use of drugs/medicines by medical staffs in supported health facilities, proposing solutions to the identified problems.
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in medical activities by using monitoring and supervision tools.
Developing coherent project implementation strategy
- Assist in implementing a comprehensive need assessment of targeted HF.
- Assist in preparing and implementing operational action plan in supported HF in collaboration with MDM medical and coordination teams and HF managers.
- Assist in the implementation of the project activities in collaboration with MDM medical coordination teams.
- Assist MDM medical management in preparing data collection tools as well as medical and paramedical protocols according to MDM, national and international standards.
- Assists in reflecting a budget forecast related to the health facility support activity in Ibb governorate for MDM projects.
Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Prepare weekly activities report to submit to the medical coordinator/coordination team.
- Compile epidemiological reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant project reports.
- Participate in a pro-active way to MDM internal meetings (medical, security…).
- Establish good relationship with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of MDM project.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services.
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the medical coordinators and other coordination team.
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine (medical doctor).
- Public health / community health is asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as team leader or supervisor preferably in INGOs.
- Experience In community health public health (familiar with primary health care package services).
- Experience in training clinical staff.
- Experience in team management.
Personal skills required:
- Strong Leadership/supervisory Skills and attention to details.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to adapt to the context (flexible in performing his/her duties).
- Openness : knowing one’s limits and being capable of seeking information from others (opinion of experts, reference works, etc.).
- Strong mentorship skills.
- Ability to give effective presentations.
- Good relations with people, a taste for contact and like to work in team.
- Proficiency with word, excel and other special software.
- Data management and analysis.
- Ability to write assessment, monitoring reports.
- Good sense of organization is essential.
- Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) by email: email@example.com
- End of submission: Wednesday, 7th Mar., 2018.
Thanks to note that only the persons who will be seen on tests/interviews will be contacted.