WASH Data Assistant
- Company: IMC
- Location: Ibb
- Posted On: 01 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 10 Dec 2018
Reports to: WASH officer / Program Manager
Location: Based in Ibb, with extensive travel to field sites if needed
About International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
International Medical Corps has been implementing an integrated program in nutrition, health and WASH integrated program in Yemen since 2011. Also, IMC is implementing development activities to strength solid waste management system and improve access to safe and sustainable water supply with funding obtained from different donors, such as activities is to meet the needs of vulnerable populations in in Yemen; especially, in Ibb and Taiz governorates. In line with this fact, IMC is looking for qualified staff in this position.
Under the supervision of WASH officer, the data assistant will be responsible for the quality of the data to be entered and inform your immediate supervisor of any problems, calculate the time needed for data entry and keep your immediate supervisor informed of its progress and summarize the entered data in the form of a report.
Primary Responsibilities of this position:
- Develop and maintain a schedule of data entry for monthly/weekly reporting in close collaboration with WaSH manager
- Follow up with the C.M and H.P regarding the submission of reports by field teams
- Assist WaSH Manager in developing WaSH data bases, reporting data bases and/or excel data base for additional reporting as/if required
- Enter the reporting data into specific and validated reporting database, WaSH database.
- Enter and synthesize the data needed for the department. Prepare and analyses the statistics.
- Check the quality of the data to be entered and inform your immediate supervisor of any problems; report any problems that can affect data quality (accuracy, completeness, relevance, punctuality (timeliness) and clarity)
- Check any inconsistencies in the entered data;
- Closely coordinate and communicate with senior WaSH Officers and WaSH manager in case of any inconsistent figures/data coming in the report.
- Summarize the entered data in the form of a reporting template defined by the WaSH Manager.
- File all checked and received hard copies of reporting format in to archive.
- Save the data entries regularly as well as the statistical results.
- Keep files by month/year stored into the computer with clear segregation (draft version, final versions).
- Regularly store/archive the final versions of reports validated by WaSH Manager.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor degree in IT or Computer Science.
- professional computer experience.
- 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel)
- Capacity to take on board new software
- Organizing capacity
- Rigor and autonomy
- Knowledge of English and local languages
- Working under pressure.
Candidates need to submit their CVs to IMC-TaizHR@internationalmedicalcorps.org and also need to write the title of the position they are applying for in the "email subject line"