Community Supervisors (4)
- Company: IMC
- Location: Ibb/Taiz
- Posted On: 01 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 10 Dec 2018
Reports to: WASH officer / Program Manager
Location: Based in Ibb/Taiz, with extensive travel to field sites
About International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
International Medical Corps has been implementing an integrated program in nutrition, health and WASH integrated program in Yemen since 2011. Also, IMC is implementing development activities to strength solid waste management system and improve access to safe and sustainable water supply with funding obtained from different donors, such as activities is to meet the needs of vulnerable populations in in Yemen; especially, in Ibb and Taiz governorates. In line with this fact, IMC is looking for qualified staff in this position.
Under the supervision of senior WASH officer (hygiene promotion), the Community Supervisors will be responsible for correct delivery and impact of hygiene promotion activities, good participation of target communities and other local stakeholders in close collaboration with Project partners. The Community Supervisors will also be responsible for training the community on hygiene and providing feedback for purposes of improving Program quality.
Primary Responsibilities of this position:
- Implement hygiene promotion activities in close collaboration with Wash officer and HP team with the guidance of Wash manager
- Provide regular reports on hygiene issues and program progress against work plans and program activities
- Assist in establishing rapports with the beneficiaries and help in sensitizing beneficiaries about various aspects, requirements and information needed to ensure participation in the project’s activities.
- Support the development of hygiene promotion materials
- Lead in disseminating hygiene key, hygiene promotion messages in the target health facilities and communities.
- Ensure distribution of hygiene kits and document good practices.
- Support in the development of Hygiene promotion messages and IEC materials
- Supervise activities in the project areas to address key hygiene practices such as focus group discussions, community meetings, campaigns, drama presentation and other relevant approaches.
- Supervise the process of needs assessments, baseline and other periodic studies.
- Ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all relevant stakeholders.
- Organise home visits and visits to the community (schools, hospitals, etc.) to identify shortcomings in terms of hygiene and use of water.
- Participate in preparing training modules for the promotion of hygiene with the social mobilization team leader.
- Apply the defined methodologies in the hygiene promotion awareness raising sessions (CHAST, PHAST, CLTS…etc.).
- Participate in elaborating a planning of awareness raising activities;
- Conduct training sessions for the community workers and/or targeted populations.
- Participate in evaluation missions and in distributing hygiene kits.
- Write a summary of the activity reports.
- Propose possible improvements.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s/diploma degree in public health, social science or related field.
- Able to Define the content and organise the hygiene promotion sessions for target populations.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (in humanitarian situations)
- Planning of activities and have good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area.
- Good organizational capacity and good capacity to write reports –
- Working under pressure.
Candidates need to submit their CVs to IMC-TaizHR@internationalmedicalcorps.org and also need to write the title of the position they are applying for in the "email subject line"