Snr. Field Assistant
- Company: UNHCR
- Location: Aden
- Posted On: 01 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 10 Dec 2018
Title of Position: Snr. Field Assistant
Position Number: 10027590
Category / Level: General Service, G-5
Entry on Duty: ASAP
Duration: Initially for a period of one year
Location: Sub-Office Aden, Yemen
Date of Issue: 01/03/2018
Closing Date for Applications: 10/03/2018
The Senior Field Assistant in Sub-Office Aden will report to the Protection Officer and is part of the IDP Protection Unit. He/she will work closely with the Protection Officer who is leading the Sub-National Protection Cluster. He/she monitors protection standards, operational procedures and practices in protection delivery in line with international standards and provides functional protection support to information management and programme staff.
The Senior Field Assistant provides quality, timely and effective Field support to persons of concern, Protection Cluster partners and identifies opportunities to mainstream protection methodologies and safeguards in operational responses. He/she contributes to designing a comprehensive protection strategy and may liaise externally with local authorities and partners on Field issues as guided by the supervisor.
The Senior Field Assistant also ensures that persons of concern are involved with the Office in making decisions that affect them, whether in accessing their rights or in identifying appropriate solutions to their problems. To achieve this, the incumbent will need to build and maintain effective interfaces with communities of concern, local authorities and protection and assistance partners.
- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Follow up, on a regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in camps and other areas where they have been accommodated and report accordingly.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
Education & work Experience
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Staff members who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the new Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact Diana Sallam, Snr. HR Associate UNHCR SO Aden.
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and it supplementary pages (if applicable). Completed and signed form should be submitted with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address. The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and exact Position Number as stated above.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Address: UNHCR SO Aden, P.O. Box 6090
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).