- Company: UNHCR
- Location: Aden
- Posted On: 01 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 10 Dec 2018
Title of Position: Registration Associate
Position Number: 10008209
Category / Level: General Service, G-6
Entry on Duty: ASAP
Duration: Initially for a period of one year
Location: Sub-Office Aden, Yemen
Date of Issue: 01/03/2018
Closing Date for Applications: 10/03/2018
The Registration Associate is a member of the Registration team and is normally supervised by the Registration Officer. The Registration Associate is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, and with ensuring that registration is effectively used for the identification of specific protection needs, for the management of operations, and for the achievement of durable solutions.
Depending on the size and structure of the Office, the Registration Associate may provide day-to-day supervision, direction and support to UNHCR staff engaged in registration and related activities (including Reception, Filing and Data Management staff), and monitors the efficiency and quality of registration processes, identity and entitlement documentation activities and population data management. The Registration Associate collaborates closely with Protection, Programme, Operational Data Management and Information Management colleagues as well as with Government authorities and partners on the provision of quality population data for the delivery of registration activities.
- UNHCR's Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation, when required
- Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested.
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- In consultation with the supervisor, make decisions related to the day-to-day operations of the registration unit and devise registration procedures which are efficient and effective.
- Draft and submit reports and statistics related to registration.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
Education & work Experience
- Completion of Secondary School with post-secondary training/certificate in social sciences, statistics, mathematics, information technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional job experience.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
- Excellent knowledge of English and the local language.
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
- Staff members who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the new Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact Diana Sallam, Snr. HR Associate UNHCR SO Aden.
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and it supplementary pages (if applicable). Completed and signed form should be submitted with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address. The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and exact Position Number as stated above.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Address: UNHCR SO Aden, P.O. Box 6090
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).