- Company: Save The Children
- Location: Sana’a
- Posted On: 27 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 06 Dec 2018
The overall objective of this assessment is to assess gender roles and relations in the SIDA project implementation locations, how these have been impacted by the conflict in order to inform immediate and long term future responses.
Key areas of accountability:
- SCI will select and engage the consultants and ensure that the consultancy complies with this TOR and the service agreement. SCI will also provide transport, accommodation and meals for the research team to and while in the districts of research. SCI will also be responsible for coordinating the research to ensure cooperation and that the interviews are held as scheduled. In addition, SCI will also approve the methodology, research tools and the draft and final tools. SCI will also provide constructive feedback to the draft report presented.
- A reference group of 6 people composed of SCI staff members from relevant departments will be constituted to support and guide the research process. They will review all materials and processes related to this research including the TOR, methodology, tools, draft and final reports and advice SCI and the consultants accordingly.
- The consultant party will be responsible for preparing an inception note to respond to the TOR, reviewing relevant literature, developing assessment tools and pre-testing them, conducting the assessment, analysis of data and writing the assessment report.
- Prepare a concept note
- Literature review and review secondary sources data
- Development of tools for the assessment exercise
- Prepare an inception report
- Undertake field-based and national consultations/interviews
- Make critical recommendations for improving programming, implementation and management of gender issues.
- Analyze the data/information and write an analytical assessment report.
- Produce a report of the findings and recommendations
- Present findings to staff at country office.
- Liaison with government and relevant sectors.
- Level M.A Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Social Work, Social Policy Studies or any other related course. B.A degree with relevant experience is will be considered
- At least 4 years working experience in this field
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and evaluating gender in programs in complex humanitarian responses
- The consultant is required to share his/her previous reports from similar assessments/studies.
- Solid knowledge of gender equality minimum standards and their application in humanitarian responses
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening the capacity of staff and partners on gender equality technical issues in an emergency response
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English and Arabic
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children including willingness to abide and enforce the Child Safeguarding Policy. In particular, a good understanding of the mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Willingness to travel extensively to the field.
If you are interested please send your application to Amran.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the job title and location in the subject box .
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.