- Company: ADRA
- Location: Dhamar
- Posted On: 27 Mar 2018
- Deadline: 07 Dec 2018
Duration: 10 months
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 600 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors.
Under the direct administrative supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Logistic Assistant will support the Community Center Coordinator, partner staff and Community Facilitators in data consolidation and management and quality management; undertake MEAL related activities and implements an appropriate monitor, evaluation, accountability and learning systems for successful delivery and attainment of project goals and objectives.
S/he ensures that a strong MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the programs is of high quality and accountability to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
The Logistic Assistant will be responsible but not limited to:
- Collect quotations for all procurements according to the ADRA Yemen procurement policy.
- Prepare quotation analysis sheets.
- Record all maintenance requests from the staff and follow up the maintenance work until delivery.
- Prepare procurement contracts and submit them to the Project Manager for approval.
- Make the purchase order for any approved items.
- Follow up with vendors to receive goods and check them.
- Deliver all items and goods to the warehouse.
- Supervise and manage all project drivers in Dahmar IDP office.
- Submit detailed records of purchases.
- Responsible of preparing quarterly inventory exercises.
- Responsible of preparing rental contracts and perform maintenance for the premise and other properties.
- Prepare lists of items to be disposed.
- Any other related tasks as assigned from the supervisor.
- Understanding and commitment to ADRA human resources policies.
- Building the teamwork spirit among all the other colleagues with the purpose of increasing work quality.
- Building strong relationships with the local vendors and market suppliers.
- Building strong relations with NGOs and local organizations working with IDPs.
- Respecting IDPs cultures and using their cultural backgrounds to strengthen the project’s goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Dhamar candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- University degree in business administration/ commerce or any other related field
- At least one year of professional experience.
- Experience managing office properties.
- Good knowledge of procurement process and procurement negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of verbal and written English.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking skills.
The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Interested candidates shall send their application by CLICKING HERE
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Submit only one application per position